Monday, June 16, 2014

PRIDE HURTS!

PRIDE HURTS!
I know this because I’m sitting in absolute pain because I just HAD to run 9 miles cuz I wouldn’t let a high school kid beat me. Okay, so he’s a marathon runner…  I’m determined. Okay, so he’s 18… I’m 28, that’s still young right? He’s enrolled in the Marines! I’m in God’s army!!! Haha!

The perfect leg rest
Actually, to tell you the truth it was an awesome run and the pain is totally worth it! The knee brace, Tylenol and Epsom salts will get me through! And pride will get me up tomorrow morning to run again J

Giving it your ALL isn’t a bad thing. In fact, that’s what we’re called to do. (1 Corinthians 9:24)

HOWEVER, there comes a time when we need to take a step back and rest a bit. I’ve been convicted of this a lot lately, but when is it the appropriate time to rest? Life keeps slipping away and I’m exhausted! It seems that whenever that moment arrives, something else comes up!

I don’t know if you’re like me, but many times I’ve got to SEARCH for time to rest. Put it in your schedule; make it a part of your day… FIND TIME TO REST. That is my advice today! To me and to you... REST! Right after I finish this blog, that is what I plan to do :)

This week has been B-U-S-Y!
As mentioned in previous blogs, we are in the process of moving… but sometimes, especially here in the Dominican, moving involves waiting, and waiting, and waiting. Still, we have packed all we can pack and now we wait.

Meanwhile, ministry continues!

At Lily House a new class has been added to the afternoon schedule. SELF-DEFENSE! It is so much fun not only teaching the ladies how to defend themselves spiritually in discipleship and devotionals, but now I am learning along with the girls how to defend ourselves physically! I tried out my new moves with Robersy and, well… I need to practice. Defending yourself is an even bigger challenge when you’re 5’1’’ and can be lifted off the ground!

On Wednesday Robersy has started a new study with his baseball players, while I attend a Bible study with the women from church. Both studies were great! Robersy had awesome reports about some of the older boys wanting to stand up in their Christian walks. He challenged many saying, “Where are you going to be in 2015? Are you going to be right where you are now?” We should ask ourselves the same question!

The women’s study went great and we learned the importance of GOD FIRST in our lives… that is until a lizard landed on me and the Dominicans starting cheering and congratulating me. Apparently when a lizard falls on you in this culture it means that you’re preggo or about to be. LOL! I’ll keep you up-to-date on that one!

Thursday night ministry was AWESOME. Rachel (intern in San Pedro) and I had talked about how we needed to do something for her last night of ministry (until God shows her that Boca Chica is exactly where she needs to be, since I need her in my life!!! Lol). So we made little baggies of toiletries and tracts to hand out to 30 women. Of course, there is always a crowd when we’re giving away free stuff, but it allowed us to meet many women that we’ve never met before.

As well as meeting knew ladies, it was great to sit and chat with our regulars. Please specifically pray for Y and G as there is interest, but still no commitment. This week I challenged Y to read Romans 1 of the New Testament we gave her. Key verses are highlighted, so pray she reads and sees the light!

Friday and Saturday I was in bed with a cold, but once again it was cool to see our youth group leaders step up to the plate. JJ, a summer intern, even shared his testimony in Spanish! So proud of what God is doing through our missionaries, interns and students.

So that is a summary of our week in the Dominican! Seeds still being planted, fruit still being grown… race still being run.



As always we covet your prayers for our spiritual lives, marriage, and ministry.

ALSO, please specifically pray for our friend and founder of SCORE, Ron Bishop who is currently barely holding on to life. He was hospitalized earlier this week with a blood clot, but with other major complications things are worse. We beg God to do His will. God is on His throne and may do what He will, but more than anything we ask God to cover Ron’s family with peace and understanding AND if it be His will, we want to see a miracle!!!


GOD BLESS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment