Monday, June 2, 2014

I've got it!

“I’ve got it!”

If there is ANYTHING I have learned about baseball it is that those 3 words are GOOD to hear! It means, “Quick, get out the way… someone is in control.”

Same at a fancy dinner with friends, “Oh, put your wallet away… I’ve got it.” What do you do? You put that wallet away… someone is in control.

While you’re in the shower and you hear the phone ring. UH OH! Your spouse or kid yells, “I’ve got it!” Great… no need to rush, someone is in control (unless it's your 3yr old and who knows what they're gonna say!!! lol)

But those same 3 words whispered to my heart from the Creator of the Universe still makes me nervous.

Sharing the Gospel
Discipleship
My to-do list
Situations in ministry
Visa applications
Friendships
Loneliness

“Sarah, I’ve got it… TRUST ME! I’m in control.”

“Are you suuuuuure?”

“I’m sorry… were you here when I spoke this world in to existence?”

“I know, but my problems are different.”

“I’ve got it.”

“I might mess up!”

“I’ve got it.”

“No one understands me.”

“I’ve got it.”

These three words have been on my heart a lot this week. But that tiny part of me that still wants to be in control keeps creeping up. Here is a very real example. Are you ready to see the real Sarah? She’s scary.

I think about Thursday night ministry almost every day. And all day on Thursday I freak out a little. I run through the Gospel a million times in my head, meet up with my ministry partners, we pray and then we head out to save the world. But each time I share, I freak out!!! I think while I share too! What if I am sending this person on a righteous path to Hell because I quoted a verse wrong in Spanish? Or what if they followed me along in prayer and it wasn't worded PERFECTLY?

This past Thursday I had a little cry when I got home (sorry! I told you the real Sarah is scary! Lol) just cuz… I’m not made for this. I am SO not perfect.

"I screwed up God :( "

“I’ve got it.”

“No, but I don’t know if they understood.”

“I’ve got it.”

“But what if they prayed and they think they’re saved, but they’re not.”

“I’ve got it.”

You’d think I’d be used to my imperfect state by now (I have 28yrs doing a pretty good job of being imperfect!), but I just wish I was a better tool for Christ.

But as these 3 precious words are whispered to my dark and sinful heart… I realize it’s not up to me! I can try until I’m blue in the face to get everything right, but it doesn't depend on me. The sun does not rise or set because Sarah did or did not get things right. HE’S GOT IT.

That means, “Get out the way… He’s got it.”

That means, “Put those fears away… He’s got it.”

That means, “Relax… He’s got it.”

So I've been putting this in to practice and guess what… IT WORKS J

Robersy's team praying before practice began.
On Friday I truly placed youth group in to God’s hands and, though I was nervous, I knew it was not my youth group or my young people to control. They are God’s. And not only did everything go great, but 2 young ladies accepted the Lord as their Savior!

On Saturday baseball practice was placed in to God’s hands and we had 2 fantastic men come and share Christ with the boys!

A visiting coach sharing the Gospel at practice.





On Sunday we worshiped with our brothers and sisters in Christ, placed our day in His hands and… SLEPT! (Forgive us, we’re pooped!)

And today, as we finished up our to-do list and can do NOTHING more to change certain things on that list, we sat down with a bowl of mint chocolate chip ice cream (which is near impossible to find here in the Dominican! But we found it, YAY!!!) and we rested in those 3 beautiful words once again…


“I’ve got it.”

May we all rest in His ability and not our own. 
Remember... He's got it.

No comments:

Post a Comment