Monday, June 30, 2014

Downsizing and praising Jesus!

So I actually DID write a post last week, but craziness brought me home VERY late in the evening and I didn’t have time to post. But I will post two night so I don’t have to repeat :) Remember I wrote it when I was sick, so forgive any bad grammar or negativity, LOL!

As for this week…

Good news is we are finally moved to our new apartment!!! It took us a week to get here, but it was an absolutely CRAZY week of translating and serving, so it was totally worth the stress. Right now I just have a LOT of laundry to do, but it should be a “normal” week unless …

OH MY SOUL, I have to share this. Right when I was typing that sentence my phone rang! I was going to say “unless God has other plans”… God has other plans I guess. Well at least tomorrow morning. Just going to play with some babies in a maternity ward with a group. This will be good research for plans FAR FAAAAAAARRRRRRR in the future! HAHA.

Anyways, where was I!?

This past week was not only busy, but it was a TOTAL blessing. I served with a youth group from North Carolina (Made me miss my Edgees in Bermuda!!!) and it was fantastic visiting many of the ministries that SCORE works very closely with. From Lily House (I even got to sneak there about 3 times this week! Lol) to Pasitos, to feeding villages and learning about how to provide clean water, it has been great to see how other missionaries are serving and what God is doing close by.

Robersy stayed busy too. As well as coaching and discipleship he had groups come and visit his practices and of course he did most of the moving and running around for the apartment situation.

One of the things I realized this week is how thankful I am for the body of Christ! I must of said “thank you” a million times this week because I was just SO grateful for people who stepped in to help or encourage us. I know I posted about it on FB, but so many interns, baseball boys, missionaries and friends really came to our rescue. It made a week that could have totally caused a heart attack a LOT better!

So that is what God is doing in our lives lately! I’m going to leave you with some photos of last week and of our new place. Enjoy and know that we are praying for you. Please send us specific prayer requests if you’d like! Rslara14@gmail.com

Youth group

JJ sharing his testimony at youth group

Baseball ministry with Robersy

Guest room/office... COME AND VISIT!

Our room

Kitchen/living room

View from the kitchen

Bathroom

Home sweet little home :) Thank you LORD!



GOD BLESS!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment