Monday, June 30, 2014

Last weeks missing blog!

Well, there’s good news and there’s bad news.

The good news – it wasn’t pride after all. I can handle 9 miles and I can do it well J yay!
The bad news – I’m really sick. I have Chikunguya.

I’m usually a pretty good sick person. 2-3 days tops and I’m back to my normal energetic self. But this virus is straight from Satan himself! Seriously. Check it out (http://www.cdc.gov/chikungunya/)

In the first few days I had severe joint pain. Couldn’t walk, lift my head, bend my fingers, NADA! Fever, chills, headaches, backaches, just very serious overall PAIN.

Then in some sick deal, my body traded the pain for nausea.

Then it decided it wanted a little of that pain back to go along with the nausea.

Then it gave those both up to take on an extreme allergic reaction to the virus flowing around my body. This includes itchy skin and a full-body rash.

Currently I’m still rocking that rash while the rest of my body is too swollen to wear wedding rings or high heels.

Bear with me for this last part. I think I would have dealt well with the whole thing, HOWEVER, to get rid of the pain I took Tylenol, for the nausea I took nausea medicine and for the rash and itching I took Benadryl. So from Sunday to the following Sunday this is how my days have looked…

Wake up
Take Tylenol
Take Benadryl
Take nap
Wake up
Eat lunch
Take Tylenol
Take Benadryl
Take nap
Wake up
Clean/pack a section of house if able to walk
Eat dinner
Take Tylenol
Take Benadryl
Sleep

To some people that is an awesome week! To me it was the MOST BORING WEEK OF MY LIFE!!! I’m done with being sick. So please, dear friends… PRAY THAT THIS GOES AWAY!!!

Picture taken when I felt a LOT better :)
Today we begin super sports week/Kosmos/moving week/still getting over being sick, etc.
So we are gonna need some MAJOR prayer!

We are thankful to serve, but want to do it with a pure heart so more than anything we do ask that you pray for our attitudes.  We will be mainly translating and hosting clinics. We’re excited, but of course with so much on our minds we just need to FOCUS.

On an exciting note, a friend is here this week so we get to see DEAN! There is something exciting about sharing air with a fellow Bermudian J

So that is life.

Crazy.
But we love it <3


Trusting HIM each step of the way!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment