Monday, March 3, 2014

I heart my pillows!!!

New pillows. That's all it takes to make me happy. New pillows!

But we'll get to that in a second...

Seriously, it has been a whirlwind of a week. As I mentioned in my last, short, kind of boring post I had a bit of a cold so I spent a few days in bed, where I learned a LOT about snot. My poor neighbors had to endure the "Ward/Simpson nose blow" that can be heard for miles so I researched snot. Check this out...

How much snot can a person produce? According to Ask.com (totally reliable! lol)  it depends on the person and health. You can produce up to .94 litres of snot a day, 343.1 litres/year and 1,827,455 litres over a period of 70 years.

I think I made it to that point this past week. Seriously, nasty. Wow, I think this is my second post about snot. Hmmm... changing subjects, but first let me blow my nose... (heehee)

But as I was on the mend something exciting came up! I was supposed to travel with a team to Haiti, but due to some circumstances I couldn't go and so I joined a team from our church that was heading to Moca (in the DR) for a mini mission trip. WOW! What an experience. No, it wasn't a trip to feed naked children or heal the blind/lame/deaf, but it was a trip to encourage a brother in Christ and his church!

On Thursday morning (6am to be exact) we loaded up the bus and traveled about 2.5hrs to arrive in Moca. After a quick breakfast of yuca, sweet potato and salami we held a sort of VBS in the morning. Robersy led game time and others from the team lead singing, Bible story and crafts. Let me say, it was such a blessing to see fellow church members step up to the plate and serve. Some as young as 15yrs old had prepared lessons, songs and crafts! So encouraged to see young hearts eager to serve.

That afternoon we visited homes to invite people to a special service and to share the Gospel. I was amazed to meet so many people that were so content not knowing their destination once they leave this earth. Many shrugged at the question "If you were to die today, where would you go?" and some said that they "hope" that their good works would be a enough. Friends! You CAN know.

Romans 3:23 says that we are ALL sinners and we fall short of the glory of God, but Romans 5:8 tells us that WHILE WE WERE YET SINNERS Christ died for us! John 14:6 says that there is no other way except through Jesus Christ, Romans 10:9 tells us how we can be saved and John 3:16 tells us the gift of that salvation... eternal life with Him and not suffering in a place called Hell (the alternative!).

It's all there, I didn't make it up (check it out!)... He wants us to come to Him. We are not promised tomorrow. In fact, in the last 2 weeks I personally know 3 people, who have entered eternity. One only 2yrs old, one 13yrs old and one in his 80's. We are not promised tomorrow. Accept Him before it's too late.


The following day (back to our mission trip) we were able to enter 2 schools and do a mini VBS for each class. So thankful that schools are so open and that the Gospel can be presented.

So all in all it was a pretty awesome trip. I hadn't planned on going... but I am so thankful that I did!

Saturday involved a lot of laundry and meetings, so we'll skip to Sunday ;)

On Sunday morning we headed out to Los Montones (a village about 45mins away from Boca Chica) and as I shared in my FB status, Robersy was preaching. Still, it was so much more than that. In 2009, as I share in Robersy and my long drawn out love story, we served together in a camp. I didn't speak Spanish so it was probably the quietest summer of my life... but I met many other friends that summer too. Together we washed dishes, led the singing, did dramas, swept the cafeteria, and on and on. Those same friends, who stood sweating with me as we washed endless piles of dishes, now serve as the Pastor, the song leader and some even sang in the choir. So blessed to see friends continuing to serve the Lord!!!

Following the service we met up with friends from our church to eat lunch and then headed home to take a Sunday afternoon nap. I remember when my sister, Rebecca, and I were young and our parents FORCED us to take Sunday afternoon naps! I don't know how many times we packed our bags to run away or made plans to move in to our friends' homes. Yeah... now I crave those naps!!! But I could hardly sleep this Sunday! Robersy and I were finally going on our long awaited date! It had been cancelled twice due to unforeseen circumstances and we were FINALLY going to dinner and a movie, but even better we were going to buy PILLOWS!!!!
New pillows on the left and old on the right! lol.

We may seem like an old married couple, but that is all I asked for on Valentines Day. No chocolate, no roses... just pillows. Our bed came with pillows, but I'm pretty sure they are stuffed with 3 feathers. I can feel the mattress through them and, though I am thankful, my scoliosis is not... I really wanted big pillows! But we don't just buy things for fun around here. There has to be a rhyme or reason... Valentines Day was our excuse :)

So friends, I slept well last night. I mean SERIOUSLY like a rock. I dreamed about my pillows while sleeping on my pillows, and though it may mean nothing to anyone else... I thanked God for my pillows! Little blessings in His time.

(Prayers appreciated for the friends and family, who lost the loved ones mentioned in this post. Pray that their hearts may be comforted and peace given as they remember their loved ones).


No comments:

Post a Comment