Monday, February 24, 2014

Wedding Dresses and Cheez-Its

I'M ALIVE!

I know everyone was so concerned after not seeing a blog post last week (if anyone even reads these things! lol)... but I forgot to mention my trip to the United States. My little sister Deborah is getting married in August so we met up in NJ to plan a little and do a little dress shopping. It was a blast! My family is VERY close so the opportunity to spend time with my mom and sisters preparing for such an exciting occasion was awesome.

I packed all the warm clothing I own (2 sweatshirts, haha) and knew that my wonderful sisters would let me raid their suitcases. It was SO cold, but we got everything done that we needed to get done. Her wedding dress, bridesmaid dresses and mother of the bride dresses were all bought. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED! So happy! At least the women will be clothed... now it's up to the men :)

The only downside to the trip was that my mom left her camera with me, and I forgot to take pictures of her! HAHA! #selfies. Here are a few of my favs from the trip.

Starbucks, superhero photo bombers and NYC. Good times :)



So all in all it was a fab trip. We saw "Lion King" on Broadway, talked and talked and talked (it's what we do best, haha) and then bought Walmart and Target out of their last boxes of Cheddar Jack Cheez-its. Apparently Bermuda doesn't carry them and neither does the Dominican so we stocked up :) (LOVE THEM!)

But as always I missed my hubby, family and friends here in the DR. It's weird to have your heart in 2 different places. Bermuda will always be "home" but that is exactly what Dominican has become to me too. GOD IS GOOD.

Tune in next week to hear more about what God is doing in the DR!


1 comment:

  1. So fun! I was wondering why you were wearing a beanie because I know the Dominican is not that hot ;)

    ReplyDelete