Monday, February 10, 2014

Hanging with Ken Ham, NBD.

Have you ever felt like your head was going to explode?! Like legit EXPLODE! Haha… after a conference with Ken Ham, I think I’m at that point J In all seriousness, though, it was incredible! Totally not planned, since it was actually for high schools from the capital, but after speaking with a few people Robersy and I were on our way to the conference with the GAP students.

Of course there was a LOT of information. Big topics like carbon dating, Lucy and evolution. However, the Gospel shone through every word that Ken Ham spoke! No one could leave saying that they had not heard the truth.

Got me thinking. Am I prepared to give an answer for the truth in which I believe? Makes me crave my Bible so much more! I just want to soak it in and remember it all.

Here is some truth that I learned/was reminded of…

“In the beginning God…” that should be sufficient, however, I learned some other stuff too.

We are without excuse. Romans 1:20

The earth was created in 6 LITERAL DAYS AND GOD RESTED ON THE 7TH. Case and point.


Lucy looks like an ape because she WAS AN APE! Not a human. She was an ape. Not a mixture, not an evolved ape. She was just an ape.

Psalm 104 is a pretty awesome picture of our powerful and creative God.

The earth is only about 6,000 years old.

We are all one race.

Also, I want to go to the Creation Museum!

Seriously, there was so much to take in! I still need to read all of my notes and absorb it all again. It was so great and exactly what I needed. With corruption all around us and lies being taught in our schools, it was so refreshing to see how creation screams out that GOD IS, that He ought to be praised and that He is the only way!

Ahhh… so refreshed!!!

The rest of the week was great too ALTHOUGH I had 2 days that I was left wondering, “Um, God, what are you doing?” 2 nights of tears, 2 early nights, an extra run and a lot of prayer left me at peace. My God is a GOOD God no matter what I’m going through and my God is ALWAYS THERE no matter if I can see Him or not.

Today confirmed this truth.


Friend, be encouraged. Stand strong. Stand true! The same God that created the Heavens and the Earth knows your name. Do you know Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment