Monday, March 24, 2014

Here to stay... for now ;)

Just about every week I start my blogs by writing “WOW!” Then I usually delete it and try something more witty and fun. But this week was “WOW!” worthy for sure so I’m gonna have to do it! SORRY…

WOW!

It has been an awesome week again. Some have asked, Sarah… do you ever have a bad week? Um… YES! But seriously, each week when I look back at what God has been doing I have no reason to complain. This week is no different. Of course it started off with gummy bears and Cheezits from a lovely family visiting from the States so it couldn’t have started any better J

I have to admit, I originally wrote this blog post with lists of things that God is doing complete with numbers of souls saved, revival and more… but I want to focus in on 3 specific prayers that God has answered. Truthfully God is doing so many things I can hardly keep up!

Robersy  has been praying for his baseball players at the Seattle Mariners academy a lot lately. He has seen growth and much interest in the Word, so he has been praying whether God wants to grow his ministry among the players there. On Tuesday he preached at the Mariners complex and we are thankful to see the hand of God at work in a mighty way once again. Four young men from the team received Christ. That brings the total up to 12 young men who have accepted Christ during Robersy’s time with them. Pray with Robersy as he is praying about whether to begin a smaller study with the men who have accepted Christ. We thoroughly believe that God can use these baseball players for His glory and we are excited to see how He works!

Ministry amongst the prostitutes in Boca Chica has also been pretty exciting lately! I have been trying to stay faithful at going out and meeting with specific girls with whom we have been developing a relationship. One particular lady I meet with each week struggles between the responsibility of providing for her children and giving her life over to the Lord. It is easy to say “Oh well, God will provide” and it’s another thing to live it! No job, no husband, 5 kids… she’s just looking to survive. The struggle is REAL! Pray that the Lord speaks through me as I seek to share HIM with these precious women in Boca Chica.

This leads me to my final answered prayer. It thrills my heart to write about our ministry “in Boca Chica” because for now that is where we plan to stay!!! Robersy and I have been seeking God’s guidance on where we ought to live and how we were going to do it! We felt as though God wanted to use us further here in Boca Chica, but support wise we couldn’t do it! Truth is… rent in our current location is not missionary friendly! It is impossible to stay and although we knew we’d never have a nice place with security and lots of running space for the dogs (and me!) we knew it was time to find a new place. STILL GOD WAS WORKING!!!

Over the past year we have been doing little favors for a gentleman that is building apartments in our neighborhood. No strings attached - just little things he needed since he does no reside in the Dominican. The other day he came to visit since he was in the country and he offered us one of the apartments at a missionary friendly rate! SAME NEIGHBORHOOD, SAME SECURITY, SAME RUNNING SPACE J  Isn’t God awesome! Guess God’s not done with us in Boca Chica!

You know God has been teaching me a lot about answered prayer lately. His timing and way is so much better than mine will ever be. Things may not turn out as I expected, but He answers! Trust Him!

We are thrilled to serve here and see the hand of God move right before our eyes. Still I KNOW He does the same in Bermuda, the USA, Scotland, etc. Are you waiting for answered prayers? Don’t give up. TRUST HIM!!! 

2 comments:

  1. Great encouragement Sarah! Wonderful to hear how everything is going! So exciting :)

    ReplyDelete