Monday, March 31, 2014

Enter Jesus.

I LOVE my morning runs. Out on my own… sound of the waves… beautiful breeze. It’s me and Jesus time. I have been amazed at how many times a song has caused me to pick up speed, slow down, tear up, smile, etc. There are two songs that I have been putting on repeat a lot lately. One is “Held” by Natalie Grant.


What an encouraging song! A reminder that God’s promise was never to take all the difficult times out of our life, but to be with us when we do face difficult times. God has been speaking to my heart about this.

I live in a 3rd world country and poverty is everywhere. How do I encourage a mother to come to Christ when she can barely clothe her children each day? How do I show a teenager that Jesus loves them, when their parents are NEVER home and they’ve had to fend for themselves?

It’s something I have struggled with. But do you realize if life were easy WE WOULDN’T NEED A SAVIOR! According to the dictionary, a Savior is “ONE WHO SAVES.” Deep, I know! Have you felt like you just need someone to come and sweep you off your feet? Are you in need of a superhero to help escape this world’s problems? Enter Jesus.

This lesson couldn’t have come at a better time. On Sunday I sat with two precious girls and listened to their frustration in understanding why they ended up on the streets in order to provide for their children. The shame. The pain. The worthlessness. In need of a Savior. Enter Jesus.

Today I traveled with a group to take bags of food to families in need. Mothers with few possessions and homes with little privacy. Husbands have left. Kids are hungry. In need of Savior. Enter Jesus.

In both situations it was an honor to share this truth, “I have NO IDEA why God has chosen you to go through this struggle and though He never promises to take these hard times out of your life, as His precious child He PROMSISES to carry you through.”
Selfies :)

Is it easy? NO!
Is it uncomfortable? YES!
But His promise is true. Rest in HIM.


This week is a crazy one. Robersy and I are both helping in different areas for a LOT of people here on mission trips. It is so exciting to stop and remember the excitement of your first mission trip. Tons of teenagers with wide eyes, curiosity and PASSION! Gets me excited!

Another praise… Robersy’s English is getting good! We now try to speak ONLY English around the house and, although I forget sometimes, he’s really improving! His goal is to preach in English when we visit Bermuda again. Soon he won’t need me. SAD FACE! But I am so proud of how far he has come. Keep praying for him please!!!

So that’s what is going on here! How about you? Robersy and I want to pray for you, so let us know how.



GOD BLESS.

No comments:

Post a Comment