Monday, July 6, 2015

It's aliiiiiiiive!

I remember an old Jello commercial when I was growing up that kind of grossed me out. Little Jello jigglers would dance across the cafeteria table and kids would run down the school hallways until they trapped them in their Jello cups and gobbled them up. The thought of eating a mushy substance that wiggled in my mouth was not my idea of an awesome school snack, but the catch phrase "It's aliiiiive" popped in my head last week during one of my morning devotions.

No... No Jello jigglers in the Bible. But God's Word is INCREDIBLE.

Hits you right where you need it, every time!

I've been listening through the Bible (as I believe I've shared many times) and each podcast usually includes one Old Testament passage, one New Testament passage and one Psalm or Proverbs. It's called Digging Deeper Daily. Although the guy who reads the passages does not have the most sought after voice in the world, he gives some great insight and historical facts whilereading through. Very interesting!

Any who...

Last week we started Galatians. It's a cool book :) Read it before, got some stuff underlined... Next. But I decided to listen closely anyhow. 

Lately I've been struggling with my call to the streets. It's been weeks since any girls have come to church, one girl who did come to church "stole" my Bible (she did ask to borrow it... But I haven't seen her since!), one girl promises to meet me with me almost every week and never shows. 

I'll tell you the truth... Some weeks I don't even WANT to go. 

What the heck am I doing?

But God knows my heart and He decided to speak to me through His Word, which is aliiiiiive :)

Galatians 1:24
"And they glorified God because of me."

What!!! Where did that verse come from?! Ha!

Visions of Jello jigglers danced in my head.

Paul (who wrote this fab book) lived a pretty messed up life. He killed many Christians and rejected God big time. That is until God stopped him dead in his tracks. Well... Blind in his tracks, but you got read his story for yourself. 

But his life was "twisted, turned upside down" and he found Jesus. And Jesus changed him and transformed him... And then he went on to serve Jesus!!!! And guess what... Because he was DIFFERENT and because he LOVED JESUS and because he DIDN'T BLEND IN TO THE CROWD "they glorified God because of me."

What an HONOUR!!!

That someone might come to know Christ because you decided to say NO to a night on the town, or NO to conversations that blaspheme His name, or NO to movies or television shows that glorifies sin.

Oh Sarah. Your just exaggerating.

I don't believe I am.
Can I tell you why?

Because there are girls at the Lily House because a couple years ago a small group of women obeyed God's call and went out to the streets again and again and again with NO results and now some of those same former prostitutes are serving in local churches, discipling other girls and providing for their families in an honorable way.

There is a guy in our church who came to Christ because a family decided to welcome him in to their home to watch sports. No booze, no girls... Just sports. This family loved on him and welcomed him... And it just happen to be God's perfect plan.

There are parents who BEG Robersy to let their kids on his team because they are different. They don't swear and they respect their parents.

And added on to that there are parents who TRUST us (just a reminder that my own dog has fallen off the roof several times... So I'm not fit to be in charge of actual humans)... Because they know their kids won't be watching movies filled with sex and nudity, but we have good clean fun, and we laugh and we eat... And they come just a tad closer to know Jesus for themselves.

This blog is to myself today. If you read it, that's cool... But it should really start off with Dear Sarah, because when things don't seem to be going as I thought that they might, and there isn't revival on the streets of Boca Chica, I will remain faithful. When friends and family I've been sharing Christ with for  years don't cry out to Jesus, I will remain faithful. When I have no idea what I am doing here in foreign land filled with rice and beans when I just want a bacon cheeseburger from Dorothy's or an Art Mel's sandwich (I just got super hungry! Lol)... I will remain faithful.

Because God WILL use my calling and my sacrifices so that one day they might glorify Him because of me.

God... Thanks for being a Jello jiggler Saviour and speaking to my heart today.

No comments:

Post a Comment