Monday, June 29, 2015

Pee on the toilet seat

There is NOTHING more disgusting than sitting on a wet toilet seat. Well, I guess falling IN to the toilet would come in a close second... But it's something I haven't really had to think about throughout my life.

I grew up with 2 sisters and my husband is a germ-a-phobe to the max! So up until this point I haven't thought twice about just popping a squat in my own home. That is until my hubby began coaching over 60 teenage boys.

Although we believe we live quite far from Juan Dolio and Guayacanes (where most of the boys live) I am reminded that we aren't really that far when boys turn up at our door several times a month. 

At present we have 6 boys staying in our tiny 2 room (ONE bathroom) apartment. They have played basketball, dominoes, Wii and even tossed a baseball around our balcony. The fact that the lights went out 4 times last night didn't discourage them from staying up until after midnight and Robersy had oatmeal all ready for them when they decided to get up (also... Boys eat a LOT!).

Our life is crazy. Sometimes too crazy!

(Body slamming a dog falls in to the too crazy category, but we'll save that lesson for another day).

But we love it.

If sitting in pee (which I am determined to check every time now!!!) is part of reaching 6 boys for Christ and urging them to love the Lord with ALL of their heart, then so be it.

Over the last 2 weeks we have been BUSY! Sleepovers, groups, baseball, Lily House, teaching, discipleship, and very little sleep in between lots of power outages and having a cold to just name a few things that we've been up to, but we are excited for July to arrive because that means camp, Bermuda and then Disney World! We may work our butts off... But we look forward to playing our butts off too!

As we see things around the world changing and Christians who once stood firm on God's Word remaining silent or becoming "tolerant," Robersy and I are determined to do all that God has called us to, until He returns or takes us home.

Life is too short.

So we will serve and rest and play and serve again... ALL for the glory of God!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment