Monday, June 1, 2015

pooped, but encouraged.

Phew!!! Is it Saturday yet?

This last week has been a busy one and I am ready to rest! But if you know anything about ministry... It only gets busier as the summer approaches.
Still, as busy as it has been... God has answered prayers and moved in several different ways that I'm excited to share about.

On Tuesday I had the opportunity to share with the Lily House girls (as I do each week). We have been studying through the life of David. Wow, I have learned so much! This last week we focused in on Saul and his visit to the medium of Endor. So interesting to note that the reason he went was because he had prayed and sought God, but God wasn't answering. Why? It was a challenging time discussing with the ladies how our sin can get in the way of our relationship with the Lord. It was a beautiful time of reflection, confession and forgiveness.

Wednesday and Thursday were great days for Robersy as he continued discipleship, training and baseball practice with his boys. Several of his boys are really growing in their faith and desire more of the Word. As summer approaches and the teens have more time on their hands Robersy plans to switch his schedule around to spend more time with his boys as well as provide other activities to keep their minds occuppied. Pray for this!

Thursday night street ministry was fantastic! God always leads us to the women HE wants us to speak with and we never finish the night disappointed. I shared about the precious lady who sat waiting with her husband as he waited for a prostitute. It broke my heart to hear her struggles, but it reminded me of the dark times in which we live. Still... There is hope.

On Sunday "P" (from last week) came to church!!! 

She came with her 2 beautiful daughters and their friends. As we sang, "This is my desire, to honor YOU." She whispered, "That is what I want!" We chatted more following the service but she confessed that she isn't ready. Usually I would say, "but this is the day of salvation! You don't know what tomorrow holds, etc. etc." But the Holy Spirit urged me to stay quiet. When we left her at her home she thanked me for not forcing her to make a decision right then and there (thank you Lord!). She asked to borrow my Bible and asked where she should start reading to learn more. We have arranged to meet this week! Pray for P!

Saturday we celebrated the marriage of 2 friends and then Sunday we celebrated Mother's day with Robersy's family.

Friend! God is working. Thanks for being a part of our journey here! We know it isn't by our strength since, like I said... We are pooped... But we are thankful for your prayers, your support and your encouragement. We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment