Monday, May 11, 2015

Thank you Edeeste!

*Edeeste = our local electricty company.

I had already begun walking towards our Thursday night meeting spot before i got the call. My ministry partner couldn't make it again :( Between moving, working and being a single mom... It's been tough getting things together. Poor thing is tired! However, since I was already half-way there (and since I try to find excuses to still find girls on Thursday night) I decided to swing by the store and then stop by one strip club on the way home. It was still early, but I was hoping to speak to a few of the girls that were there early.

As I neared the club I found 4 women sitting in the door way using the last bit of sunlight to put their make-up on. The lights were out! Yay! No lights... No men... No work.

"Thank you, Edeeste!" I whispered before reaching the entrance.

I greeted the girls and shared that they are on my heart and that we are praying for them. I shared their worth in Christ's eyes and then closed by asking if there was anything specific we could pray for.

"Pray that the lights come back on... We need to work to provide for our children."

Oh.

My heart sank. I have heard a familiar story from most girls on the street. Isn't it a mother's joy to provide for her family? Goodness me... My mother would do anything to make sure my sister's and I were well taken care of!

Now, right in front of my eyes, four women fighting to place food on the table... By selling their own bodies.

As we celebrated mother's day yesterday these four faces have been on my mind. They are doing what they believe is best since they....

"Are not good enough"
"Are not educated so I can't get another job."
"Are not worth anything better."
"Have nothing else to give."

Oh Satan is such a LIAR!!!!!

Every Thursday for over a year we have prayed over, cried with and hugged on precious souls that have believed these lies. If only they would understand their worth in Christ. Only HE can break the chains! HE will have the victory!!!

Pray for these mothers on the streets!

I didn't pray that the electricty would return... But I did pray that God might shine a light in the spiritual darkness we find on the streets each week, and that God might provide for their families in a miraculous way. He is able!

Praise God that He has had the victory in many other areas this week too!

Six boys came to Christ as Savior this week through the baseball ministry!

One lady that we met through street ministry turned up at our house to enroll her son in Robersy's team. She wants him to hear about Christ and learn that there is more to life than baseball. Following  her salvation months ago, this young lady quit her job at a bar and is seeking a more "God-honoring" work.

Robersy shared Christ during the preaching at Juan Dolio church and the church in Los Fundos.

A sweet Lily finally understood that her salvation is secure in Christ as we studied HIS promises in our discipleship time.

Victory in Jesus, my Savior forever! HE sought me and bought me with HIS redeeming blood. He loved me eer I knew HIM and all my love is due HIM, HE plunged me to voctory beneath the cleansing flood!

No comments:

Post a Comment