Monday, June 24, 2013

Blessed Beyond Measure

As usual, Robersy and I have no reason to complain. We are blessed beyond measure and so thankful to do what we do.


This past Monday we said goodbye to the FCA soccer trip and headed to camp. As at every event, I was placed at registration. I always laugh at this because I am the worst at understanding the million and one names these kids give. You’d think I’d be better because of names like Shaquinka in Bermuda, HOWEVER, these kids have their first name, second name, father’s last name and then mother’s maiden name ALL spelled phonetically and when asked, “How do you spell your name?” They proceed to just say it slower. Ohhhh heavens. LOL. Pastor Nathan, Robersy and new friend, Daniel (Score missionary from Honduras, who was also taking names) just laughed and left me scribbling down what I could J Haha!

We had about 200 kids register for camp, PRAISE GOD! Each day was filled with messages from God’s Word, games, challenges, songs, and just pure fun. Robersy and I were placed in various areas and it was exciting to watch these kids soak up the Word. On the final night, Robersy led the camp fire service where many shared what God had done over the week of camp.

Although I never like to mention numbers, we saw about 14 young people accept Christ and to keep the momentum of camp, we plan to begin Juan Dolio Youth Group THIS FRIDAY. Robersy and I have been asked to oversee this ministry so we covet your prayers as we prepare and train our team. May God ALONE be glorified.

This weekend was also a blessing as we dedicated the Lily House ministry and we were able to honour those who have had a part in starting this ministry and loving/training/discipling these women to the point where they are today. Only the hand of God could have brought these women out of the darkness that consumed them!!!  It is truly a miracle.

Speaking of miracles… to follow up my update on Lauren, read her testimony on her blog. An atheist taken over with drugs and alcohol finds Jesus in the Dominican Republic. Too cool…


Thank you for your encouragement and prayers. Robersy and I feel honoured to represent our home churches, family, supporters, etc. here on the missionfield. Without you all, it would be impossible!

GOD IS GOOD!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment