Monday, June 10, 2013

Lesson Learned...


I had planned to sit down and write a little update on Saturday night… HOWEVER, after a little bout of food poisoning, this is the first day I’ve had energy to do so J

Thursday night was AMAZING but eye-opening! We walked in to the busy down-town streets of Boca Chica and met with several of the “regular” prostitutes. These are girls who know us, have seen us, can repeat the Gospel back to us… but still stand blinded by the world.

These girls are BEAUTIFUL. I mean, model-worthy beautiful! But they just give themselves away like yesterday’s garbage. It’s so sad to see. But it’s exciting to sit down and just talk with them. I spoke with 2 girls sitting alone waiting for clients. Emphasized how much Jesus loved them and the price He paid to have a relationship with them. They sat wide eyed and I stayed alert for any returning “Johns.” I was able to finish my message and hand them a gift bag and tracts before anyone came along.

Of course at the sight of the gift bags about 30 other girls came by asking for one. It was like watching children arguing over who got more and who got less. Then you realize it’s the drugs talking…

Shortly after we took a drive by a local brothel and again, when the girls saw that there were gifts there were swarms of women in their undergarments at the front gate looking for more. Breaks your heart.

Continue to pray for these women trapped by Satan’s lies.

Saturday I decided to make tacos, and that’s when things went downhill… bad chicken = food poisoning! Lesson learned. HOWEVER, it didn’t affect Robersy AT ALL. Stomach of steal I guess! Spent most of Saturday night being sick and then Sunday I slept aaaallll day. Thank the Lord for 2 missionary doctors, who gave their advice and medication. And dun, dun, DUN… I ate for the first time TONIGHT since I was sick. YAY! And so far so good. It was only a salad and frozen yogurt… but YAY!!!

Thank the Lord for His many blessings J

2 comments:

  1. Sarah, it's so encouraging to hear how God works through normal people to talk to prostitutes. SOrry that you were so discouraged... God will change one and then that one will change the rest. He is using you as the foundation, almost. The seeds have been planted, now with much care, they will grow. Even if they seem dormant at times.
    Keep up God's great work, my sister!!!

    ReplyDelete