Monday, January 29, 2018

Stuck in a box!


Since a picture speaks a thousand words, I decided to choose two photos to represent the start and end of our week.



The first is a photo of our quick trip to the beach on Monday evening. A lovely, relaxing adventure with the family :) Though it turned into Josiah jumping, rolling and belly-flopping in to the ocean before heading home soaking wet - and SO. HAPPY. lol. I looooove his sense of adventure and imagination.

Then... Sunday night...


Josiah got stuck in a box.
LOL.
Anyone who knows me well knows I let him cry a little and then led him through my "why this was a dumb decision" speech.
Even as I post this, I am almost in tears laughing. But my poor boy was upset. He got lots of cuddles afterwards, don't worry!

That kind of sums up our week :)
Everything was going pretty well... until I was stuck inside with a cold. 

Although I was NOT the one to jump in the ocean fully clothed, I was the only one in my house that was congested, hacking up a lung and overall pretty gross.

I am feeling a LOT better today so, while Robersy is outside playing with Jos, I decided to pop in and say hello.

Despite the cold, it's been a pretty smooth week.

One of my highlights in ministry was my lesson with the minors at LH. The lesson was about how our lives are so different before and after coming to Christ. They talked about the positive bits and the struggles and sacrifices of being a child of the King of Kings. We took a puzzle (the very same one signed by members in my precious home church over a year ago in commitment "to pray for the Laras and those they serve and serve with.") and put it together. Reminded that it takes time for all those broken bits to be put together. Change doesn't happen overnight, but God is faithful. With real commitment comes real change. 

One of my highlights at home was cuddling with Josiah on the couch on Saturday while I was feeling crappy and watching one of the movies our friend, Kevin Grubinski, brought down for us.

During the good, bad... and sometimes extremely snotty... we are thankful. Many of you were mentioned in Robersy and my time together this morning. Prayed for, rejoiced over.

Until we meet again, here are a few more photos from our time in Bermuda. I found a few more on my phone so we'll revel in the memories a little more <3

My sister, Rebecca, got engaged. Pretty pumped to celebrate their nuptials soon!

Rebecca reading to her 2 favorite nephews :)
My younger sister, Deborah, and her hubby Kyle
dedicating their son, Abraham, to the LORD. 



Josiah with a few of his lady friends
at my sister's school.
Sweet Aunty/Nephew time before saying goodbye.

Writing a note to Santa. We're working on sharing! LOL.

It does get chilly in Bermuda! Watching Ferdinand :)
My sweet hubby preaching in ENGLISH!





No comments:

Post a Comment