Tuesday, February 6, 2018

MIO!

Well friends, it's been kinda cray-cray since we last spoke.

The boy who jumped in the ocean with all of his clothes on met up with his consequences a few days after I was on the mend so we spent a few more days trapped inside until he got over his fever and cough. Thankfully he was over it (though he still has a tiny cough) by the time Monday rolled around because my little booger turned TWO!!!

That's a whole 730 days.
17,520 hours.
1,051,200 minutes!!!
(Yes you better believe I used a calculator...)

... since our chunk chunk was ripped from my womb (lol! Let me have my moment. I still have the scars) and a face was finally given to the violent kicks and acid reflux :) 2 weeks after his due date.

And so was born our new "normal" - sleepless nights and livin' off a prayer.

Actually, Josiah was sweet enough to remind us of those sleepless nights last night when he called out at 3am, toddled through and plopped himself on the couch waiting for "bref-fast."

Um, no. My dear...
And because Robersy and I couldn't decide who was less exhausted and had to put him back in to bed, he rolled around with us - kicking, back-flipping, somersaulting and hand-standing until I had snoozed my alarm three times. 3AM until 6:50AM people.

So buckle up folks... who knows what I'm about to say. This should be fun. lol.

But seriously, as I sit here with my Caramel Nougat tea and the rain pouring outside I can't help but reflect on how much has changed in our lives since Josiah came in to our world. 

Our once bald eagle now has a natural fo-hawk of curls. 

He loves Peppa and Paw Patrol, cars, trains, BABIES - oh my soul, does he love babies. Our friends are sweet let him coddle and pet their little ones, but I usually have to pry him away of giving too much love. 

He LOVES his daddy... and Tonky (our dog). They're basically on the same level of the love scale. He asks for both throughout the day. Bringing him in to the world, feeding him (out of my own body for a year and a half, let me remind you...), changing him, hugging him, putting on his favorite movies, going for walks (with his beloved Tonky), going to the beach together has not helped my cause at all. I remain third place.

For being bi-lingual his language has come along. I have to guess a lot of words - napkin, ice-pop and dominoes are a few of his new favorites, but he's getting there. But there is one word in Spanish that he says as clear as day! 

MIO!
MINE!!!

This is a word I'm blaming the school for since I FO-SHO did not teach him!!! But we're working on EXORCISING it OUT of him. lol.

However, amongst quite a bit of teaching on GRACE recently I've had quite a few conversations in my teaching and one-on-one discipleship times about MIO MIO! What is MY PART in all of this grace stuff.

"For it is by GRACE you have been saved, through faith..." Eph 2:8

We know the TRUTH well and the fact that we can do NOTHING to earn our Salvation is beyond our comprehension. Even those who know that they know, that they KNOW about the depth of meaning behind grace can often fall in to a work-based salvation. 

For me personally it takes serious prayer to kick me out of that and simply bask in the beauty of grace.

But for many, it stops there. Woohoo grace! 
I am saved! 
I'm going to Heaven. 
Done. 
Check. 
Par-tay!!!

Then Romans 6 kicks us in the bumpy.
"What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? 
BY NO MEANS!" 

Then read the rest of the chapter... SERIOUSLY! It's a good one.

THREE times in THREE different studies in THREE different ways since last Wednesday until today I've had girls say, "Pray for spiritual growth. I don't really feel God much anymore. I mean I know I'm saved, but..."

And I stop them and ask, "So what are you doing?"

WHAT ARE YOU DOING?
What do you mean, what am I DOING?! GRACE, Sarah! 

Yes, I don't take that away for a second. 
But we want to FEEL God, HEAR God, SEE God, EXPERIENCE God, sitting on our perfectly shaped derrieres with non-fat iced caramel lattes (yes, I'm bitter... for both, the booties and the lattes. Sidetracked.) and not doing a darn thing.

We continue in the same sin, we don't crack open our Bibles, we're all dressed up for church then spend the sermon looking at everyone else... or texting... but WE WERE THERE!, we spend our prayer time like we would seated on Kris Kringle's lap...

and we want to GROW.

Please know, I am NOT casting stones. Actually, I found myself in this hump over the Christmas holidays. Angry. Exhausted. Confused.

"I just don't feel God like I used to."

Then I had to ask myself. Then what am I doing? 

Am I taking time to get to know my Best Friend, listening to what He has for me, bragging about Him and His goodness, talking to Him, obeying Him?

Grace is something I don't think I'll ever fully comprehend. But I am so, so, SO grateful for the Salvation I HAVE because of the GRACE Christ gave... gives. 

But I refuse to remain a sinful bump on a log because of the GRACE I have been shown. 
I want to grow.
So grow I shall.






No comments:

Post a Comment