Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Where is the off switch?!

Since our little bundle was born 11 days ago we have laughed a LOT.

This is our happier times :) Story time with momma.

We've also cried and wanted to scream...

But mostly we've laughed. 

Yesterday took the cake.

My parents, Robersy and I took Josiah the capital in order to "declare" him. Thankfully he is now in the system and officially exists according to the Dominican Republic.

On the way home we stopped to grab lunch and after feeding Josiah I could smell... and feel... that he need to be changed. 



Mom and I grabbed the diaper bag and headed to the little family bathroom to change him.

As soon as we got his diaper off it's like the "on" switch was pushed. 
Pee and poop EVERYWHERE!!! 
All over the changing pad and changing table... all over our hands and on his clothes too. Mom rushed over to the sink to wash her hands so we could get a clean diaper on him and I just held my hands over his body screaming and laughing until she came back. Only to double over when my mom kept accidentally knocking the automatic hand dryer to make the matters that much more hilarious!

Poop.
Pee.
Hand dryer.
Crying baby.
Mother and grandmother laughing so hard!

I'm sure anyone who was walking by that family bathroom would have thought there was a serious issue. But thankfully we survived!

I've loved the sweet memories and times of laughter we've already experience in Josiah's short life. Still, I love the little moments that he is fast asleep and life is quiet for a time. 

Mornings have always been my favorite time of the day (as I've mentioned many times) and thankfully that part of my day has remained some of the quietest time. I'm able to sit out on the porch and listen to the world waking up as I spend time with the Lord.

I am continuing to read through the Bible (with a guide) and this morning I spent some time in Exodus. 

Reading about the tabernacle and God's specific instructions for the altar, Ark of the Covenant and even the table for the bread just blows my mind. So particular! 

Just meditating over those few chapters got me thinking about why. Everything in it's perfect place in it's perfect way. Measured and clean and beautiful. He wanted and expected it to be perfect. It was for Him. God. Jehovah. Creator of the universe. Lover of my soul.

He deserves the best.

Makes me look at my life and wonder if I'm giving Him all He deserves. The way I walk and talk and live. If He desired the best for the tabernacle, wouldn't He want the best of me as His living and breathing temple?

Does He think we'll be perfect? No, He knows us even better than we know ourselves.
Does He deserve perfection? He deserves so much more.

So today, I chose to give Him my best. I'm aware it can get messy (probably even messier than Josiah's bathroom fiasco) but thankfully, as He lives in me and through me, I pray that I can offer Him even a sliver of what He deserves. 

My life. My love. My soul. An offering to the Most High God.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In between the times that we've laughed and cried (and slept) we've had the privilege to see God's hand continue to move in our family and ministry.

This Sunday we were able to dedicate our little Josiah to the Lord before our church, family and friends. We wait to see all that God will do in our son's life and ask God for His guidance as we lead him to know Christ in a very personal way.





















We were also able to celebrate several other "sons" as they followed the Lord in Believer's baptism. We're so thankful to see the fruit of a ministry that began with only a few boys before God allowed Robersy to be part. We've been blessed to see it grow to over 70 boys, several of whom we've seen come to the Lord! God is good!!!


We appreciate your prayers as Robersy gets back in to ministry this week and as I try to find my new "normal." God has already been showing me ways to be used from home for now. He is SO faithful!

Looking forward to sharing more next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment