Wednesday, February 24, 2016

"What do you mean they're not on the bus?"

My heart skipped a beat.

"What do you mean they're not on the bus?"

"I'm sorry ma'am... the tour bus had been sitting there for 45 minutes waiting for them and they never got on."

"Impossible! My husband put them on the tour bus an hour ago!!!"

"Well, it wasn't our bus."

My heart dropped! 

I had lost my parents. 

They had raised me for 27 years before giving me over to Robersy on April 6th, 2013. Never once letting me in harms way. Keeping a pretty good eye on me. 

Then they come to the Dominican for 2 weeks and I lose them!!!

After several phone calls, prayer and a panic attack I got the call - "We apologize, your parents were here the whole time... it was another couple we were looking for."

SERIOUSLY! 

We can laugh about it now, but yesterday I was NOT laughing. In fact we did not laugh when they came back either. We were told "6:45 pick up at Costa Caribe" by the confident tour guide. 

So I called in the middle of the day to confirm. 

No answer. 

No biggy, they were in Los Haitises so I assumed there might not be a signal.

Then I called around 6:00, then 6:30, 6:45 - Robersy drove to Costa Caribe - 7:00, 7:15, 7:30.

I'VE LOST THEM AGAIN!!!

At 7:35 I finally got hold of the guide, that was no longer with the tour group.

"They should be arriving in Boca Chica by now."

"OK, my husband is waiting in Juan Dolio (15mins away) - but where are they in Boca Chica?"

"Oh, I don't know! They left me in San Pedro an hour ago."

"Arrrrggggg..."

Thankfully around 7:45 (after many Watsapp messages to my sisters apologizing for losing our parents) my mom called to let me know that they had arrived at a hotel close by and were waiting for us in the Lobby.

WHAT AN EXPERIENCE!!! 

Reminds me of some other people that got lost.

Only a few days ago I was reading Exodus about Moses, Aaron and those scallywag (that's a real word right?) Israelites!

Moses had been having some awesome time with God up in the mountains, but since he took a little longer than expected, Aaron gathered up golden jewelry and made an idol that looked like a cow. In no time the Israelites were worshiping and sacrificing things to this inanimate object!!!

God prompted Moses to leave the mountain and see what the people were up to. 
I feel as though I can sympathize with Moses now!

"What do you mean they're not still following you LORD???
I left them there 5 minutes ago!!!" 
(Sarah's interpretation)

Fear. Anger. Panic. 

As much as Moses' heart ached with sadness for the apparent loss of God's people... I imagine God's heart ached even more so. 

He loved them. 

He rescued them. 

He sustained them. 

And they simply walked away because Moses (and ultimately God) was taking too long.

Friend, don't walk away.

If you have been saved and changed by the incredible grace of God don't walk away because you don't get answers fast enough or see results in your time frame. 
Waiting isn't always easy. That's where TRUST comes in. But He is faithful. Soooo faithful.

I'm thankful to see the faithful hand of God this week.
Even when it's not in my timing :)

Anyone who knows me well, knows that I LOVE ministry! I love to teach and disciple and minister to women and teenagers. So being at home has not been super easy. However, having this "down" time has allowed me to be very attentive to the prayers being answered all around. 

I have an uncle that lives in the Boca Chica area and has done for the past 20 years. I've tried to get a hold of him and wanted to make contact, but didn't know how. In December Robersy and I moved to a new apartment in a whole new area... and wouldn't you know... it is the SAME STREET that my uncle lives on! Still... we didn't know which apartment he lived in, just that he lived in a certain apartment complex. One day my parents decided to go on a walk around the neighborhood and JUST BY COINCIDENCE (HA-HA...) they ran in to my uncle at a house I walk by several times a day when I walk the dogs!!! Last night we had the opportunity to have dinner with him and since the connection is now made, we're hoping this might open opportunities to share more with him about the Lord and what God is doing here in the Dominican! 
God is too cool!!! 


We also had the opportunity to minister in Los Montones this past Saturday as we took our youth group to link up with the one out there. It was LOUD! and CRAZY!!! But the Gospel was preached and we were excited to see 2 young people come to the Lord <3





Apart from these blessings, it has been GREAT to have my parents here over the last 2 weeks. We have had our adventures, we have laughed, we have cried and we've had fun. I'm thankful for the opportunity to have them here to see their grandson and although it'll be sad to see them go, I'm grateful for the blessing of having them here to help me in these first few weeks of being a momma. Robersy has loved it too as he's had the opportunity to slowly ease back in to ministry while knowing I'm well taken care of :) 

On the tour that they were lost on :) LOL.




Grandma and her baby boy :)

Grandpa and his grandson, Josiah :)

Phase 10 has become part of the nightly routine

We got to relax a little :)

Dad hitting some baseballs :) He actually did really well!!!







That's what we've been up to this week. How about you? Have you seen God move in your life this week? If not... don't lose hope. He us faithful. His timing is PERFECT.




No comments:

Post a Comment