Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Introducing...

Happy Monday!!!

Wait... Tuesday?!

What day is it???

I'm so happy to have the health and energy to post on this lovely Tuesday afternoon while my sweet little boy rests and I do too.

We have been in our home for 2 nights now and things are going well in this first week of Josiah's life. He sleeps well (as most newborns do), nurses well and is generally a happy baby.

Robersy and I are completely and totally in love <3

On Friday we made our way to the clinic and waited for the final decision regarding a natural birth. Josiah had still not engaged his little (BIG) head and was not in a good position at all. At almost 42 weeks and almost 9lbs the fear was that he was just not able to get "down" for unknown reasons and that if we left him much longer to continue to grow we would face some other complications.

Robersy and I prayed and prayed and PRAYED about it. However the doctor was only going to go through with a natural birth (or at least induce and attempt even though he was not engaged or down) because I was begging her to let me deliver naturally. We tried exercises and this child would not budge!

I'm thankful she wanted to please me... but at the risk of my sweet boy, I couldn't follow through with it. So Robersy and I were at complete peace about the C-section.

I'll spare you the details from the OR, but I will say that I have no doubt Christ was with us in that room. I can't describe the peace I felt. Robersy and I talked and prayed as I watched the whole operation in the reflection of a lamp. HAHA! It was awesome! They even allowed my sister, Deborah, to be there in the room since she had changed her ticket to be there. She took photos and they even brought her to the side with the doctors as Josiah's head emerged for the first time :)

Robersy, who was not keen on being there, turned in to Superman (a really good looking Superman who looks AMAZING in scrubs might I add, lol) and even cut the cord.

Our experience was incredible and from the time this little bundle was conceived until this very day we have witnessed miracle, after miracle, after miracle.

The doctors and anesthesiologist all took money off of our final bill (and no... we didn't hint or ask. We did pray though). 

We have received help, counsel, offerings, visits and even meals during these last few days to take the load off.  

Special friendships have strengthened as we have seen TRUE love and sacrifice as I have never seen it before.

We have been loved and cared for more than we could ever imagine.

I'd love to mention names and specific details but I know each and every person who has been involved in our son's life until this point (that even includes  the emails, messages, comments, phone calls, etc.) is all poured out from the love that only our Heavenly Father could give.

Thank you. Thank you. THANK YOU!!!

Without further ado... here are some shots from this week's "adventure."

Here we go!!!


Trying to keep in touch with our family and friends

We had a lot of time to wait! Just kidding. Debz, Robersy and our friend Jaime played as we waited.

My hottie doctor, hubby and best friend. Love this man!!!

So proud of him :)

My son! So IN LOVE!

Daddy is SO in love too :)

As is Tia Debz <3

Josiah Norman Lara Ward

Birth cert. says 11:50 but ankle bracelet says 11:45. Oh dear!

Welcome to the world little buddy <3

Lara Family of 3!
Trip home. First thing to do is meet his brother and sister :)



Josiah Norman Lara Ward - 8.7lbs - 20 inches long - February 5th , 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment