Monday, January 11, 2016

Coffee-catching baby bumps and phone-catching puddles

Have you ever watched something happen and it felt like it was occurring in slow motion? 

That was my Sunday. Goodness me. After hardly sleeping the night before and just trying to get out of the door in time, we hopped in the car and Robersy asked me to pray for our drive to church and for the service. I gave him a little glare that I hoped read, "I'm too tired to talk to Jesus." He smiled and said, "Go ahead..."

"God. I need you today. Amen."

My most sincere prayer. Ever. LOL.

Little did I know, God would teach me something through the very words He placed on my lips.

After dropping Robersy at music practice I bee-lined it for SCORE. Surely they'd have coffee. 

Sidenote: I have been pretty good at avoiding caffeinated beverages during my pregnancy, however, there are SOME DAYS that a woman, who is growing a human being, needs some extra assistance. 

I enjoyed sitting with a few bus drivers at breakfast. They took bets on whether I was having twins or triplets while I quietly ate my pancake. 

After finishing up, Anna (a good friend and fellow missionary) and I started the walk over to the church. I just needed to grab my Bible from the truck. Balancing my coffee, 2 bananas (requested by Robersy) and my phone while opening the door... it all went down hill. There went the phone. In to the ONLY puddle in sight. Then the coffee went shortly after.

"God. I RRREEEAAALLLLLYYYYY need you today. Amen."

Thankfully the circumstances didn't get me down (Anna is my witness!). Not sure if it was the coffee in my system or the Holy Spirit within me, but it was just another reminder that I need HIM. 

This morning during Robersy and my "Monday Morning Prayer Time" we got chatting about our need for the Lord EVERY day! Good days, bad days, sunny days, rainy days. We are reminded of the verse that Pastor Nate shared briefly yesterday found in 2 Corinthians 12:9. "But he said to me, My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."

The Spirit stirred my heart to jot a note beside the verse "When we doubt His promises, we doubt who He is."

If He says His grace is sufficient. THEN IT IS SUFFICIENT!
If He says He will give us a way of escape from temptation. THERE IS ALWAYS A WAY OF ESCAPE! (1 Cor.10:13)
If He says He will never give us more than we can handle. HE WILL NEVER GIVE US MORE THAN WE CAN HANDLE. (Also, 1 Cor. 10:13)

How do I know? Because I know God is who He says He is... and if I doubt what He says, I doubt who He is.

This week God showed us our need for Him over and over again. In the good and bad.

God worked through Robersy on the baseball field. Preaching, playing and fellowshipping with Dominican and American college aged boys for His glory!

God allowed me to encourage, teach and talk with girls at the Lily House AND encourage others that I've met on the street using WhatsApp (this has become one of my favorite and most useful ministry tools, by the way!).

Although I wasn't able to go out this Thursday, my ministry partner did! She was able to meet up with some ladies and share Christ with them.

Robersy and I were blessed and encouraged throughout the week by groups, fellow missionaries, students and even some of you through your messages and posts. 

We were able to get some things we still needed for Josiah this weekend and today at our appointment the doctor says he's still doing well! Strong heartbeat and almost ready to be here. Countdown is still on (and Robersy still hasn't gotten the hang of the advent calendar... oh well! More for me! HAHA!).

Friends, may our daily prayer be, "God. I need you." because in the good, bad, phone-falling, coffee-spilling, sunny AND rainy days may we admit that we can't do this crazy life without Him. AMEN?!

No comments:

Post a Comment