Monday, September 14, 2015

Raindrops keep falling on my head!

I love the mornings that you just don’t have to get up!

I’ve always been an early riser. I can wake up super-fast, walk the dogs & go for a run without an ounce of coffee in my system… let’s call it a gift :)

But I still enjoy just lying in bed. Not a care in the world. Thinking, praying, resting.

However on Sunday morning I was not awake… not resting… I was asleep! Fast asleep! Dreaming of the most bizarre things, as I have done for several weeks during my pregnancy; like, REALLY bizarre things. I’ll have to share some one of these days.

UNTIL…

I was suddenly awakened by the freezing cold rain that blew through the window above our window and on to my warm, DRY body. I jumped up like a startled cat and closed the windows, grabbed my warm, fleece blanket and cuddled up to my hubby... who was STILL fast asleep.

But now I was awake. Wide awake. I had just run a marathon around our little apartment and the rain was so cold that my poor heart had to beat a little faster to try and warm me up. LOL.

It was a wake-up call.

At various occasions in my spiritual walk I believe God gives me a wake-up call.
It could be one distinct event that causes me to think, reflect and make a change OR it could be a reoccurring theme that pricks my heart each time it’s mentioned.

This week my wake-up call was the word, “REMEMBER.”

I actually lost count of how many times this topic was mentioned in Bible studies, devotionals and ministry in general, but it kept coming up in different ways throughout the week.

On one day in particular a young lady at the Lily House came to speak with me. She had been thinking about her past. She recounted the abuse, situations and decisions that had led her to the street. But then she smiled. “Then HE rescued me!” In the midst of pain and rejection and desperation there was something worth celebrating. CHRIST had sought her and bought her with HIS life. Sweet memories.

Yesterday at church we heard testimonies of discouragement, thoughts of suicide and hurt… turned VICTORY due to the work of our LORD JESUS!

Then again, last night we sat around the LORD’s table and REMEMBERED. HIS death, HIS blood, HIS resurrection.

Time and time again the Bible speaks of this topic. Altars were built, wells were dug, sacrifices were made… to remember.

Sometimes it hurts to look back and remember. Many times the pain is too much.
But when we stop to think of ALL that CHRIST has done in our lives it is a pleasure to remember. 

How HE had the victory, how HE carried us through, how HE heard our cries.

Don’t be afraid to remember.

REMEMBER.


This week we celebrated another Sunday with women that returned to church with us from Boca Chica and a new girl even came to visit.

Youth group is up and running! Thankful for a visit from the GAP students and the help from several members in the church.

One of the boys on Robersy’s team will potentially sign with a professional baseball academy in 2 months (YAY!).  My hubby has enjoyed not only training them in their baseball skills, but investing in their spiritual lives and knowing that he is sending boys that have given their lives to the LORD. We will wait and see what GOD does.

We are praying for delicate situations passing with women at the Lily House. We need guidance and miracles from GOD ALMIGHTY.


Thank you for your prayers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment