Monday, September 21, 2015

Ninja reflexes and falling for YOU!

Following most of my runs along the beach, I don't track a lot of sand in to the house. I'll stomp my sand sneakers on the pavement of our neighborhood until I reach our little apartment. By then it's minimal and I still take my sneakers off by the door. Less sand... less housework.

However, today I trailed a little more in. Mostly because it was down my left arm and left leg.

Yup... I fell.

I can see the look on my mother's face right now! But never fear ma!!!

I had been walking at this point and while walking down some awkward stairs on the beach I toppled. However, my ninja reflexes caused me to lean more to the left and I landed completely on my side. No impact for baby... and only a scratch on my knee.

I fell hard. Which reminds me of yesterday...

.......

Yesterday following the church service, L (who has been visiting the church regularly) was sharing her heart. "I want so badly to give my life to CHRIST... but I'm scared."

She is SO close!

We talked about her fears, doubts and worries. And I had the joy of bragging on my SAVIOUR and sharing the peace, hope and salvation HE brings.

She asked me to pray for her since she feels a literal battle inside of her, which I explained is normal when flesh is fighting Spirit. So we sat there in the car and prayed.

"FATHER, L is falling for you."

Following our conversation I knew it wasn't time. I would never push and pressure, but I did show her in GOD's Word how she could become a child of HIS and then we agreed to meet this week to chat some more.

PLEASE pray for L. GOD is at work, but so is the enemy. Ask that our SAVIOUR would shine light and understanding on this broken and hurting soul. Pray she falls hard in to the arms of JESUS.

...............

We've had some rainy days this week so Robersy had to cancel 2 days of practice, but he's thankful for the time he had to study and rest. His games this Saturday went great and the Gospel was shared with teams that had visited from the capital, PTL!

I had some tough lessons to teach this week (David & Bathsheba: How sin leads to more sin, while confessing leads to repentance AND Taming the tongue - Christians and swearing), but was thankful to see GOD at work in each lesson.

Youth group was FANTASTIC on Friday! Two of our newer leaders took over the games and it was so encouraging to see their energy and ideas. The teens loved it! Robersy followed with a great lesson on the Bible and how we can trust what it says.

Here are some pics from Friday - As always, I only share the most flattering photos, lol!










This week we're at a conference each afternoon. Pray for spiritual refreshment and a blessed time with our SCORE team :)

Thank you for your prayers and encouragement! We are thankful for what GOD is doing and love sitting on the front lines as we see HIS hand move.


No comments:

Post a Comment