Monday, September 7, 2015

All those nooks and crannies!

I would consider myself a VERY clean person.

In fact… I pride myself in this! My OCD keeps dishes washed, floor swept most days and generally most things in order. I also enjoy putting other people’s homes in order too! Ask my mom… she hates to leave me in the house alone when I’m in Bermuda visiting. She knows things will be tossed in the garbage and things will be moved :)

 On a serious note though, I feel like my house is pretty clean.

HOWEVER, there is one person who makes me feel like the filthiest person alive.
My dear friend from ministry comes over once in a blue moon to help me do a thorough clean and since I’m pregnant, and therefore culturally banned from chemicals and hard work (HA-HA!), she insisted on coming over and cleaning my house.

On our way home from lunch I mentioned, “You know… it probably won’t take long so once you’re done we can watch a movie and relax before you head home.”

2 hours later she is still in the bathroom…






As I sit here feeling lazy (she literally won’t let me help, like I’ve got some life-threatening disease) and slightly embarrassed about how clean I THOUGHT I was I can’t help but ponder over James 1:22-25.


22 But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. 23 For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man who looks intently at his natural face in a mirror. 24 For he looks at himself and goes away and at once forgets what he was like. 25 But the one who looks into the perfect law, the law of liberty, and perseveres, being no hearer who forgets but a doer who acts, he will be blessed in his doing.



I look at my home when I finish cleaning. “Pretty good, Sarah!” But when my friend walks in to my house and begins to clean I think of all the nooks and crannies that I haven’t touched in months. She finds them ALL!!!

It’s the same when I look at my life. “You’re doing alright, Sarah. Staying out of the clubs… not boozing it up… good job me!!!”

Then I open God’s precious Word. And HE convicts me of the areas I need to get working on. My mouth, my heart. Those nooks and crannies that need some work!

Friend’s, stay in the Word! We may think we’re “alright” and not as messed up as “so and so” but as we meditate on His Word, He perfects us and allows us to continue serving for HIS glory!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In other news this week... Thursday night was great! We met some precious young (and VERY young) ladies and were encouraged by many who were just excited we were back. 

God continues to work and on Saturday morning I received a call from one lady (remember L whose mother passed away and she went to Haiti for a little bit) who asked to bring her family with us to church and then another call from a mother who wanted her 2 girls to go to church too. 

We continue to seek direction from the Lord in regards to Thursdays, but we are encouraged to see the fruit that God continued growing in the ministry even when we were away for a bit.

Robersy has been keeping busy as well. We love seeing our "sons" grow and many of them are now leading the devotionals in baseball practice and taking on other responsibility in youth group and other activities.

Thank you for your prayers!
Let us know how we can be praying for you :)


No comments:

Post a Comment