Monday, October 13, 2014

Training the next generation

Another day, another week, ANOTHER YEAR!

Robersy's cake at youth group


I love to have a reason to celebrate. New job, new tooth, new relationship… you name it, I’ll celebrate it! LOL. Of course, when it’s your hubbies birthday it’s even that much more exciting! We spent yesterday gallivanting around the capital celebrating Robersy’s 27 years of life. First lunch at Applebees and then BBQ hunting with some birthday $$.




Games at youth group
Some people think I’m too gooshy… but I can’t help but brag on my boo! So thankful that God chose Robersy for me. He puts me in my place, encourages me and makes me feel loved. I truly found my perfect prince charming! LOVE YOU BABE!

As for the rest of the week, it was a joy to see God’s hand working.

Robersy and I have prayed about taking our discipleship to the next level. We have taught and taught… now we are preparing and sending. Of course, you should have seen my mouth drop open (especially when we haven’t shared this goal of ours super publically yet) when one of the young ladies I disciple approached me about the opportunity to disciple 2 other girls in the youth group!!! What a peace to know we are aligned with what God has planned too.

Got to do the Color Vibe Run with the GAP students
In line with the goal Robersy also spent quite a bit of time visiting several boys this week and we’ve committed to having a couple boys (in rotation) stay with us each Friday night. This gives Robersy the opportunity to work with boys outside of the team setting… and it gives their mommas a break too (apparently teen boys are hard work! Lol).

I have a feeling God is gonna do something awesome with these boys!

Thursday night went well too! Girl after girl is opening up and I rarely have to approach them before they are yelling out our names. This week will be an exciting week as we have groups going out for 4 nights in a row to speak to and encourage these women! Pray that this week will be a “breaking point” for these women in Boca Chica and that we’ll see many come to Christ!!!

Well… that’s what’s happening in our neck of the woods.

*Prayer Request* As you know, a piece of my heart will always be back home in Bermuda! They just had a horrible storm this weekend that caused quite a bit of damage and they are desperately trying to clean up before the next scheduled hurricane arrives this weekend. Please pray for family and friends!






No comments:

Post a Comment