Monday, October 20, 2014

Getting DEEP with Robersy...

Sometimes Robersy says some pretty profound things! Although most won’t believe me… he is SUCH a quiet guy. He talks when he has to and once he gets comfortable around you he won’t stop talking, but he is usually pretty quiet!

To give you an idea I remember that HE didn’t ask me out on OUR first date. He was SO shy and quiet he had a friend do it :) lol. Thankfully that worked out…

However, back to my point. Robersy really makes me think sometimes. Like yesterday. I had planned a little get-together with some of our closest friends and their families. It was supposed to be a very small “party” to celebrate Robersy’s birthday. However, while we were at church yesterday I overheard him inviting 5 boys that he has been discipling to the party.
Since I’ve been at a women’s conference all week I put some things in to practice and waited until we were home, but I said (calmly), “Babe, I think it’s sweet that you invited the boys, but this is kind of a friend thing, a real life thing… not ministry.” And he smiled and said, “but Sarah… our life is our ministry.”

DEEP.

Stick with me… this is going somewhere :)

So many times I split ministry in my head. Today is ministry day, tomorrow is our day, Sunday is church day, Monday is rest day. Really… as children of the MOST HIGH GOD Robersy is exactly right. Our life IS our ministry. Does this mean we can’t rest?! UM, NO. Even Jesus spent time alone. Does this mean we can’t have “our” day? UM, NO… my greatest ministry is to my husband.

This is what ministry looks like.
But it is so important for us to remember that everything we do, think, say, etc. is a reflection of Christ to those around us.

Take this past week for example. I spent the week eating, sleeping and serving with about 55 lovely ladies during our women’s conference. If our ministry had only been outside of that beautiful hotel we would have missed the opportunity to minister to each other, to the cleaning ladies, to the waiters, to the bus drivers, etc. Our life IS our ministry!

This is what ministry looks like too.
Perhaps you’re not a pastor or a missionary (although you technically are… but we’ll save that for another blog!!!) but you are still called to reflect HIM! In your home, school, office, neighborhood. Your life is your ministry. Don’t miss out because it’s not Ministry Monday or Serving Saturday… just let your LIFE be your LIGHT!

I’m so thankful God speaks to us in different ways… this time He chose my husband.

Things to pray for this week:
1.       Two meetings with two ladies from the streets.
2.       Thursday night ministry.

3.       Discipleship and teaching at the Lily House (Sarah) and on the baseball field (Robersy).



No comments:

Post a Comment