Monday, November 9, 2015

Home! Home? Where is home?!

I am truly thankful to have had the opportunity to fly "home" for a few days. I was able to attend the baptism of my godson and celebrated my little bundle that is on his way too :) It was a busy, but relaxing week AND I got a lot accomplished (a lot of passport stuff I needed to get ready for Josiah). Thank you LORD! It felt good to be "home" but my heart still missed my other "home." I know a LOT of people can relate!

A few weeks ago a friend and fellow missionary gave me a few books to look through. Robersy politely accepted them for me and I stuck them on the shelf with a bunch of other books I haven't read yet. However, I took one with me on my trip back for an "easy read."

It shares about the life of Ruth Bell Graham (wife of Billy Graham) through stories and quotes by some important people - Barbara Bush, Lady Bird Johnson and of course her husband and children.

On the flight home, while I was feeling excited to get "home" and sad to leave "home" all at the same time, I was finishing up the last chapter and found such a timely paragraph shared by her daughter, Ruth. It says...

"One of the deep sorrows of my mother's life occurred when she had to leave the shelter of her home, that secure compound, and go away to Northern Korea to high school. She has often said that God was then preparing her for a lifetime of good-byes. But to a young thirteen-year-old girl whose heart was breaking with homesickness, she had no idea what God's purposes would be and therefore turned to the One she knew she could trust above all others, her heavenly Father. Early in her life she made Christ her home." p. 171, Ruth Bell Graham - Celebrating an Extraordinary Life.

Isn't that cool!

My heart is so torn between Bermuda, Dominican, Scotland, England, Canada and the States since my family and friends are so scattered around, that every time I say "HELLO!" to one person it requires a "GOODBYE" to someone else.

But there is security in Christ. Our safe place :)

Maybe you won't be "home" for Christmas or your loved one hasn't been "home" for ages or because of your circumstances you just never quite feel at "home." If you know Christ as your Saviour... you are always HOME!

Hope you feel encouraged by that today!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I left you all hanging last week since I was traveling, but as always we appreciate your prayers throughout the week!

Robersy was involved in some clinics while I was gone and he is out and running around with SCORE's Baseball Conference this week. Pray for that! For safety and of course all those ministering and the many being ministered to. They will be playing a LOT of baseball and talking a LOT about Jesus! These are two of Robersy's favorite subjects so he's going to enjoy every minute!

Josiah (our son) is doing well and wiggling a lot. We'll have another check-up next week to make sure we're on track for our last 12 weeks. He loves Kraft Mac & Cheese and since he's kicking so much I have convinced Robersy that he is destined to be a football (soccer) player. Robersy is not impressed!

Although I was unable to go out for ministry the last two Thursdays my friend still went out and said she was able to chat with some of the regular ladies and several of the street kids. It has been a rainy week (which we love - more rain, less ladies) but I'm looking forward to seeing the girls this week as well as arranging our ministry at the brothel in the next few weeks.

Thanks again for your prayers! Please let us know how we can pray for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment