Monday, October 12, 2015

Dirt filled nails with an eternal promise

Our nails filled with dirt as the two of us sat on the ground to pick out the colored beads that been swept between the rocks and mud outside. Dozens of tiny silver, glass and wooden beads... one at a time. A time consuming, thankless job that needed to be done. My bead-picking partner was not in the mood to chat so we picked in silence which gave me the time to think and pray while picking, picking, picking...

At the end of each day the Lilies tidy up their work areas. Some wipe down tables while others fold fabric, then someone always sweeps. Now, the mature women understand the value of every bead that has been bought or donated to the ministry. The younger ladies on the other hand, well... they're just anxious to get back to the house. So many times the beads are carelessly swept outside to be hidden among the filth.

Precious and costly - only to be neglected and forgotten.

Much like the thousands of women here in the Dominican and around the world. 

Formed by the very hands of God Almighty and bought with the perfect blood of Jesus Christ only to be told by this sick world that they mean nothing. 

They are told that the abuse was their fault, that they are paying for their mistakes and we find them scarred and broken at the entrance of strip clubs and bars.


This past Sunday I visited a small church in Monte Largo with 3 women that were here serving from the States. Pastor Junior was speaking on faith in whatever circumstance we find ourselves in and he read a passage from Isaiah 43 which begins, 

"But now thus says the LORD, he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, YOU ARE MINE."

I don't think I heard one more word during the sermon. I kept thinking of those dirty, broken, forgotten beads that were swept into the dirt. Walked on. Kicked. Left alone.

The precious girls we meet every Thursday night that have the same story of heartbreak, abuse and rejection.

And there is our Beautiful Savior with His hands in the dirt redeeming, calling and claiming each young lady as His own.

I don't think we'll ever quite understand the cost, but I will continue to thank Him every day for saving me and for allowing me to share His great sacrifice with the many women we meet here on the streets of Boca Chica.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This past week was a busy one with a baseball team and our first women for October Women's Month. Thank the Lord, everything went well and we got to enjoy some baseball games and serving with new friends.

We're so thankful for those who come to serve here!








On Thursday night Robersy shared at a church in Los Montones and we were encouraged to fellowship with friends there. 




Had a doctor's checkup and all seems to be well with our little boy. Continue to pray for good health for both mommy and baby! 

AND FINALLY (mush alert!).........

Today is my handsome hubby's birthday. 28 wonderful years that God has given him here on this earth and I am thankful that God has given us 5 of those together. Robersy is one of the most God-fearing, humble, prayer-filled men I have ever met and although I stress him out and talk his ear off :) I thank God every single day that this man is mine! 

I could go on for ages, but to spare you all, just say a little a birthday prayer for my Boo today. That God would bless him with many, MANY more years and that his birthday would be filled with many blessings.

Robersy Antonio Lara - I love you more than you know <3


No comments:

Post a Comment