Monday, March 23, 2015

When Life Sucks.

Job’s life sucked. 

Well… it didn’t start that way! 

Lots of wealth, plenty of land and a big family. 

I’m sure his neighbors and friends looked at him and thought, “Wow… God has really blessed him!” He had it all!

Then one day… it all fell apart. Lost his kids, lost his wealth. All that remained was his nagging wife.

So his buddies came to visit and boy were they encouraging :)




As I have listened to the story of Job (listening through the Bible in a year! Digging Deeper Daily App… love it!) my heart has ached for the poor guy. His friends tried to give him advice, help him figure out why he was suffering. But their words just hurt him more.

Last Monday, I came to understand Job in a whole new way.

No I didn’t lose everything.

My family is still intact and our bank account is still ok.

I have a rash on my calf… but I don’t think they are boils.

But I DID feel very let down by God.

The retreat that had been advertised, prayed over, fasted over and prepared for was a flop. My dear friend Marcia and I stood in the park waiting… and waiting… and waiting… and waiting for girls who never came. We’d been let down by God. This was for HIM after all!

But the 2 of us cried together as Robersy drove us in the empty van back to our neighborhood and then we cried with the few that had sacrificed their time to come and help. Then we packed up, ate some ice-cream and guess what… life went on :)

Hurt… yes!

Disappointed… yes!

A little angry… yes!

Embarrassed… YES!!!

“The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away; may the name of the LORD be praised.” Job 1:21b

I’m so thankful for the time that Erica allowed me to have away from Lily House (the following day) to just fall on my face before an Almighty Savior and remember that He is still in control!

HE knows which ladies will come to HIM… HE knows them by name… HE created them… and HE is preparing them.

But that awesome Creator God has also given us the beautiful privilege of serving HIM here and we will continue to do so!

That afternoon we had a pool party instead and ministered to Robersy’s boys. The following day I lead the Bible study at Lily House. We had youth group in Los Conucos. We’ve had baseball games, discipleship, etc. etc. etc.

I tell the girls at Lily House all the time. When life sucks you have two choices.
“You can stay on the ground… or you can get back up.”

I am choosing to get up.


I pray that through life’s sucky times you will choose to do the same!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment