Monday, March 9, 2015

Serving an unchanging Savior in a ever-changing world

I wanted to kill them at youth group.
Well... most of them anyways. 
There were so many, and they were SO naughty!

But as Robersy and I are sprawled out on the couch this Sunday evening in our Sunday bests vegetating after a long day, we can't help but praise God for all HE has done. To see several young people worshiping the LORD as they led the service at 2 different churches. It IS worth it. Here are some photos from Friday night (before the "storm") and some from the services today...



Games at youth group






Weekly eating competition by Nate



Worship at Iglesia Bautista Misionera Juan Dolio

A break for lunch

Worship at Los Fundos

Each week we are reminded of God's faithfulness. In our quiet time with the Lord... in each day of service... each night when we lay our heads down. HE IS FAITHFUL.

This past week we talked about this a bit in my GAP small group. You may have seen some funny pictures on my FB wall of friends years ago. In some cases the photos were taken 10 years ago... others, a mere 5 years ago. Oh how we have changed! Our living situations have changed, our relationship statuses have changed, our walk with the LORD has changed... but GOD... GOD has remained the same. His love for us has stayed consistent, His grace is still sufficient, His mercy is still abundant. We may have changed, but God remains the same.

In a world that is constantly changing, this concept of an unchanging God is foreign to us. But it ought to bring peace. 

The God who breathed life in to man...
The God who spoke with Adam and Eve in the garden...
The God who spoke through a burning bush...
The God who parted the sea...
The God who became flesh...
The God who paid it all...

That is the God we serve.
We have changed... but He has not.

Each year as we lead up to Easter I read "More Than A Carpenter" and every year I'm reminded of how truly blessed I am to know Christ as my Savior. If you have the chance, read this gem!!! It goes through historical evidence by philosophers, historians, doctors, etc. proving that Jesus was more than "just a man." But He isn't just God either. He is ALMIGHTY, POWERFUL, RIGHTEOUS, HOLY, PERFECT GOD. He always has been... and He will always be. 

I'm reminded of this every Tuesday-Friday as I teach and disciple girls at the Lily House, I'm reminded every Thursday nights as we walk the streets of Boca Chica, I'm reminded every Friday night as we serve crazy, naughty teens (that God loves very much and we do too). And since we talk about this often... I know Robersy is reminded at each practice, game and Bible study with his boys.

Speaking of Robersy, he just crawled towards the bedroom (did I mention it's only 8:30pm) and I'll be heading that way soon. To lay our heads down once again and to rest in His forever grace. 


No comments:

Post a Comment