Monday, February 16, 2015

Worth it ALL?

There is something incredibly peaceful about writing by candle light as the rain buckets down outside. It’s Saturday night and the lights are out again, and I’m thankful.

Thankful to have a warm home to sit in.
Thankful for a handsome hubby who is out preaching.
Thankful for my two puppies who are here to protect me.
Thankful for some great rest this afternoon.
Thankful that I’m feeling better (this cold has been gross!).
Thankful for encouragement with the other SCORE ladies this morning.
Thankful for an awesome God!

And although I am feeling thankful tonight as it sounds like Niagara Falls on my roof I want to admit, there are days that I am not so thankful.

For those who serve in ministry (whether within your home church or overseas, part-time or full-time) we know that there are days that we stop and think… is it worth it?

Is it worth living miles away from family?
Is it worth struggling with a language that I’ll never speak perfectly?
Is it worth the late nights and early mornings?
Is it worth the inconveniences?
Is it worth repeating the same truth every single week to men, women and teens just to know that several will still chose their own way?

IS IT WORTH IT?

Truthfully, my flesh says no. Pack it up and travel the world… they’re not listening any way. Go back home and hug on your family that you miss so much. Find a job that will make you some money, you have a college education that’s just being wasted.

But my chest feels tight as I envision my Savior on the cross.

The beat of His heart slowing…
His gasps for air quickening…
His precious blood trickling…
His perfect tears flowing.

I want you to know from the bottom of my heart… IT IS WORTH IT!

Worth the tears over a repentant heart.
Worth the sweat on each baseball field.
Worth the exhaustion on Friday nights… and Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday too :)
Worth the rainy, candle lit nights.

Why?

 
Because of Y, who got baptized last Sunday…
Because of R sharing his testimony with the rest of the team…
Because of A standing up and being an example to the rest of the boys…
Because of Y graduating from Lily House to start her own business…
Because of N leaving a life of prostitution, coming to Christ and marrying the man of her dreams…
Because of M sharing her past and testimony openly for the first time ever…
Because of M and M who want to leave the streets…
Because of M and L and R and Y (and many more) accepting Jesus as their Savior at youth group…
And that’s just the report from this week :)

Friends, stick with it!


In your home, in your church, in your ministry...
It is worth it, because HE thought YOU were worth it!

Flowers and chocolates taken to girls prostituting on the streets of Boca Chica.




No comments:

Post a Comment