Monday, February 2, 2015

Just a Glimpse of HIS Glory


I thought I'd begin my blog with some awesome pictures that I assumed Robersy took last week when he borrowed my camera. I imagined shots of his boys at practice when the scouts came to take a look at them... I imagined shots of the boys as they warmed up for the game on Saturday... I imagined maybe even a couple shots of youth group! 

This is what I found...





Is this what happens when I'm not home? LOL.

On a serious note though, I love that we can live and laugh through the good days and bad. God has blessed us beyond measure and even though we don't have photos of every day of ministry, we can't stop thanking the LORD for this beautiful life He's given us!

Last week I had written a short blog, but chose to post the newspaper article instead. However, God has been pricking my heart over this same topic that I began writing about last week for a week now... so I think it's time to share :)

A couple weekends ago we had a few girls from the GAP program ( Find out more about GAP ) over for 2 nights. They heard that I run so the both of them brought their sneakers and were excited to get up and get running on Saturday morning. It started great! A nice steady pace, wind in our hair, sun on our skin... lovely! The further we went the slower the pace became until one of the girls suggested walking. So I thought, maybe speed training would be a little easier. Walk, jog, sprint using the telephone poles as our guide... I thought I would have to resuscitate the girls by the end (just kidding Ciera and Rebecca! You did great!). The problem was, the girls hadn't been training as much as I had.

It reminded me of when I first began to run. Golly! I couldn't do a lap around National Stadium with out stopping to walk several times! It was hard!!! But each time I was able to go just a little bit farther... and a little bit farther... and even farther... until I've since run 2 half-marathons and many, many miles in training (thanks to Swan's Running club! Shout out!!!). 

Here is the incredible part. God created a body and a brain that could train and be stretched! Yes, Epsom salts became my best friend, but my body became accustomed to running farther each time. My brained learned how to put mind over matter and run my butt off until I reached the finish line every time!!! Have you realized what an awesome God we serve?

Last week I did a lesson about this with 2 of our youngest girls at the Lily House. Both have recently given birth and so we talked about how incredible it is to have a life inside of you. Have you stopped to think about it?! I won't talk about the details, but the chance that one thingy from you and one thingy from your spouse meet up and a life begins!!! Then that little life receives nutrients from the momma and then the momma produces food to continue providing for the baby once he/she is born! More than that, that same sweet baby knows how to breath within a sack full of liquid and then when he/she is born she just picks up breathing outside of the womb like he/she has been doing it all along. How does their body know? How does our bodies know?

Our bodies, our brains, our every breath declares that there is a Savior! 

The boys that Robersy has been training understand that they need to train to get better. Their muscles will grow, their bodies will strengthen. The pitcher knows that in order to pitch better he needs to train his arm or he could injure himself. So he begins to train and those muscles tear and repair... tear and repair... until muscles form. Who thought of that idea?! Our God did!

This awesome brain and body that our AWESOME God created is also used in our spiritual life. Robersy and I are almost finished reading through the Bible even though "Read the Bible in a year" on our schedules took a tad longer. The Bible is a BIG book!!! But God created brains that could read and digest some beautiful, BEAUTIFUL parts of scripture.

In discipleship one of my ladies shared how God has pricked her heart about memorizing scripture, so we're working on it together. How are our brains doing this? They are memorizing and reciting scripture!

Time and time again my heart is reminded of the incredible Savior we serve. In small group with the GAP students we are going through a Max Lucado book called, "It's NOT about me" and this weeks chapter was about Moses and his desire to get a glimpse of God's glory. Do we have that same desire?

Just look in the mirror and we will get a glimpse. Eyes that see... a nose that smells... a mouth that tastes and speaks... hair that grows... ears that hear...  a body that feels (and by the way I am feeling my run from this morning...)

It says nothing about you and me. They all point to an INCREDIBLE SAVIOR!
I pray that you might get a glimpse of Him today :)


No comments:

Post a Comment