Monday, December 1, 2014

Raw chicken and dog barf… our missions REALITY


Well today has been quite the day. After a loooong month of cuddling puppies it was time for them to move on and for life to get back to “normal” (whatever that is). 5 puppies, their mom and their brother moved on to happy lives in other homes. We are down to 3 puppies (all accounted for), 1 momma and their brother that Robersy is fighting to keep. We shall see.

As we loaded each puppy in the crate I had a mixture of sadness and relief… until we arrived to San Pedro.

“What’s that smell?”

Now I’m not one to throw-up easily but let me tell you, I was on the verge…

SOMEONE had eaten a raw chicken and it was EVERYWHERE. The smell was horrendous and the 3 manly men that had driven with me for this expedition gave me the “we’re not touching that” look.

So my precious, dainty hands dug through the warm, gooey slime to retrieve 5 pitiful puppies. Each one squealed as I bathed them. #shout out to Ramon who held the hose while Robersy disappeared to buy soap and I think Jason was making a fake phone call.

Sometimes life gets messy. And sometimes we just have to laugh.

Each Monday as I share our stories and adventures we really do laugh… but something many don’t realize is that this is our REALITY. What I mean by this is, along with the laughter and craziness there comes tears and hard days too.

 Last week Monday I was hurting and I went as far as to share this on Facebook seeking prayer. The response wasn't entirely what I expected. I received a few messages stating that as a servant of the Most High God I shouldn't be so weak! :o

WELL, between the homesickness, financial struggles, stress of balancing ministry, family and sanity, missing having everything at my fingertips, feeling forgotten etc. I realized something…

I AM NOT SUPERWOMAN.

Are you shocked? I was! LOL.

It was like a revelation for me!!!

 

Sometimes I feel guilty for crying or for feeling sad.

Sometimes I get mad at myself for missing “home” because this is supposed to be “home” now.

Sometimes I struggle with finding a second to do my quiet time!

Sometimes I DON’T WANT TO WASH THE DISHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sometimes, even being surrounded by people, I feel lonely.

Truth is… I’m human.

This truth was revealed even more so as I sat with other struggling sisters. I looked like a fish blubbering away until they began to share that they feel the same way!

“You mean I’m not going insane?”

“No… you’re just human.”
I’m not even sure why God placed it on my heart to share this today. I just know that there are some missionaries who just need some hugs and a lot of them are going to be home soon. So if when you see your local missionaries… and even the ones who serve right in your home town… squeeze them tight.

Serving the Lord full-time is not always easy on the heart or on the wallet BUT it is the adventure of a lifetime. We love what we do and thankful for all that God is doing but don’t look for a cape just give us a hug J
 

Some of our crazy teens with friends from Juan 3:16
Mountains of Jarabocoa
Because we're crazy and in love :)
Thanksgiving in the mountains!

 
Dominoes got crazy!
The boys trying to watch American football.
And just because it ought to be broadcast over the internet... Nate Jude's bday :) LOL.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment