Monday, September 23, 2013

Running out the door :)

I'm actually running out the door to be with a group today, but I remembered my promise! Enjoy some Monday munchies on this beautiful morning...


This week as FLOWN by!

Since Saturday (I didn’t say anything last week to spare the gross details!) I’ve been sick with a stomach bug. Monday and Tuesday I was actually forced by own body to stay in bed since I was too weak to stand up, so you would think there is not much to say in my blog… but you’d be wrong J

On Wednesday, after hearing about some conflicts happening at the Lily House, I decided to go in and talk to my girls. It seems whenever there is a new girl in the house many of the ladies forget how God also saved them from the streets, so jealousy and judgment play a big part. It’s disappointing, but it’s life. So it’s been good to sit one on one with my ladies and remind them how far they’ve come and of the ministry that they can have (while still in the house!) in allowing the same opportunity for the new ladies that come in. *Pray for the Lily House ladies! Pray that through the struggles and conflict, God will have the victory in each ladies life.*

Thursday was a highlight day for me. I spent some time talking to my Gran in Scotland. It is SO AWESOME to be encouraged by someone who also served as a missionary. She is such a strong woman, who was and IS totally surrendered to God. At 81yrs old she is still a feisty little thing (yes, I’m definitely her granddaughter!) and she’s even speaking at a ladies conference in a couple of weeks! WOW! She truly is woman after God’s own heart! She is a true, living example of a Proverbs 31 woman. As my Grandad suffers with alzheimers she still goes by bus EVERY DAY to encourage him and then spends hours in the Word! I hope I’m as cool as she is when I’m 81!!!

Afterwards I went and spent some time alongside the Lily House ladies and attempted to make jewelry. Apparently I do not have much artsy-ness in my genes. I was given several different tasks before eventually getting a pile of newspaper to cut in to tiny little strips for a Christmas project. I like to think that I’m more of an encourager ;) HAHA! I walk around and see how everyone is doing, laugh, talk and move on… But it was fun nonetheless. For the whole afternoon I was so blessed to share with these ladies, encourage them and pray for them!

In the evening I had the awesome opportunity to go with Robersy as he opened a new center of discipleship in Guayacanes. About 9 young people came and we studied the book of John. Robersy has such a gift of teaching! Those there participated and listened intently as he introduced this beautiful book of Jesus, the Son of God! I’m excited to see how God will grow this group, that meets under a sheet metal roof, in the Word. I’m also secretly praying that it’ll rain one week… simply because I LOVE the sound of rain on a tin roof J

Friday was a movie at youth group! I’m really growing to love these kids! It was a good night with an abundance of popcorn and the young people seemed to enjoy it all.

 

On Saturday Robersy and I travelled to Bani and got the awesome privilege of giving a blood sugar monitor to Robersy’s grandfather. Fabio suffers with diabetes, but a machine like this was out of his price range. So while I was speaking to a doctor about my medical problems, Robersy mentioned his grandfather and “boom” free blood sugar monitor! Of course we had to teach him how to use it, which was an adventure in itself, HAHA , but he did his first test and now he’s on track. THANK YOU DR. HUMPHRIES!!!

Sunday is my favorite day… as always… but this week was extra special. 2 of my discipleship girls and 2 others from the Lily House got baptized!!! I felt like a proud momma! So thankful for the work God is doing through this beautiful ministry… and I feel blessed to be a part.

I just realized that this is mostly about me… but Robersy is doing great! He is still coaching and discipling his kids. These kids truly look up to and respect Robersy so it's awesome to see him have a positive impact on dozens of kids that don't have fathers in their lives. *Pray for these young boys, that they might become men after God's own heart!*
Things I'm thankful for:
1. Those who have given towards our vehicle. Every little bit helps! We're on our way and Robersy is calling someone today about a second hand Nissan Frontier 2007 for sale! Right in our goal price ($15,000). We're going to check it out... so pray!
2. New girl friends! So thankful to have girl time when I can :)
Things I miss:
1. Scotland - all of my family, bagpipes, kilts, fish & chips, tea, scones, etc. I'm so thankful to have Scottish blood!
Verse for the week: Psalm 133:1, look it up! Isn't it true :)

 

1 comment:

  1. Love these updates! Keep them coming :) Praying for you guys.

    ReplyDelete