Monday, September 16, 2013

Monday Munchies :)


Over the past several months I have learned some things about myself…

#1. I am a HORRIBLE blogger.

#2. I am totally OCD and need order in my life.

Ok, I’ve known about #2 for a while and so have most of my family and close friends J So I think I’ve found a solution! If I put it in my weekly schedule to send out a blog EVERY Monday then that solves my problem and you get to hear all the exciting things that are happening over here! So we shall attempt this! However, I want some topics for my blog. Maybe you want to learn more about the culture, common Dominican phrases, Score’s areas of ministry, or whatever. Be creative! Send me your questions and I’ll answer them J

As for this week, well it was pretty exciting! I have my regular discipleship on Tuesday and Wednesday (my Thursday disciple went home to have a baby… pray for Y!) and my Bible study with the Lily House girls, but Thursday was a special treat. I travelled with a bus load of Dominicans for a family picnic. Now, I have been to many picnics in my life… but Dominican’s do it well! Full gas cylinder, stove top, camp fire, domino table, coolers, rice, beans, fish, chicken, etc. The works! It was so much fun sharing with new and old friends as well as exploring God’s INCREDIBLE creation. I stand amazed at His handiwork. We have a VERY creative God. Thanks to a Dominican adventure man we swam across a river, climbed boulders and hiked up risky areas to reach a pretty neat cave. I was in pain the next day, but it was totally worth it!!!

Since I LOVE adventures I decided to take another one on my own. Ok, so it was just to San Pedro (about a 40 minute trip on the bus) but I was able to walk around my old “stomping ground” and find some great stuff at Jumbo. My favorite purchase was a rolling pin! How have I survived 6 months without one?! I miss baking!

Sunday is one of my favorite days of the week. Just being with other believers in His house… there is nothing sweeter. This week we also had the opportunity to sit in the midst of Robersy’s baseball boys. It was funny to hear them whispering amongst themselves as they wrote notes making sure they got every detail since they know their coach (aka Robersy) will be testing them over the sermon at the next baseball practice J

Time in the house of the Lord was followed by time in the house of the Pastor! Great time of fellowship with fellow missionaries and then a quick dip in the pool to cool off from this H-O-T weather J Skype with mom quickly became Skype with the whole family and it was great to hear the updates from home. Then we fellowshipped more with dear friends and I was off to bed for an early night.

So here we begin another week of ministry. Pray for Robersy and I go out and “make disciples” and lead others to HIS throne of grace! Of course not every week is as adventureful as this one was… but I’m thankful for the little adventures when they come along.

This week I am thankful for:

1.       Electricity… when we have it, I love it!

2.       A pool at SCORE… did I mention it is HOT!

3.       Rolling pins! Who invented them?! So much better than a cup.

This week I miss:

1.       Pumpkin spice lattes.

2.       Reese’s Pieces (I always miss Reese’s pieces! Lol)

3.       Family J This list is not in order of course, haha, but I miss my crazy sisters and parents! Praying hard that we can reunite at Christmas.  

Verse of the week: Matthew 11:28-30… go read it. It sums up this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment