Monday, July 31, 2017

Loss

10 days ago, I grieved in a way I never had before. 

I grieved the loss of two spiritual daughters. I mourned the loss of trust. I sobbed over the broken lives, hurting families and betrayal. 

I questioned. 
I doubted. 
I blamed myself. 
I knew I could have done more.

I truly believed that the burden was too much to bear. 

Sleepless nights turned in to very early mornings. Trying to understand and literally begging God and others for guidance. 

I didn't want to be angry, but couldn't bear to forgive. The lies, the scheming, the rebellion.

I knew I'd never felt such hurt... and would never experience such loss again.

I was wrong.


Little did I know, days later, I would experience loss again.

Forced to say "goodbye" when I was never given the opportunity to say "hello." 

Forced to let go of something I'd never gotten to hold. 

To experience the contractions.
To see the blood.
And still be left empty handed.

I know I'm just a statistic. That others know my pain.

But he was mine.

He was MINE...


So here I stand again. Well... more like curled in the fetal position... which is only too ironic. Begging God AGAIN for guidance.

Once again trying to understand.
Once again feeling like a failure.
Once again feeling betrayed.

So why do I share? 
Because, though our lives are played out on a stage before our family, friends, church, ministry and supporters, we experience very real hurt in ministry and in our personal lives. 

I want permission to cry and to be mad and to run away. 

And I want you pray.

Because I believe in a GOD that will dry my tears, and remind me that HE is near, and hold my sweet baby tighter than I ever could.

I know my GOD is a GOD of
HOPE
RESTORATION
and HEALING

and I want to experience these things first-hand in our family and ministry.

I miss him... 
though I don't exactly know what I'm missing. 

I don't think that'll go away. 
I hope that doesn't go away. 

Will you pray for our family and ministry?

6 comments:

  1. I am so so sorry for your loss, Sarah. I know sorry doesn't help, but I wish I could give you some pumpkin coffee and a tight hug right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara,
    Human words of encouragement are nearly impossible to give at moments like these. But Gods Word, (as you very well know) is so rich and full of encouragement for times like this. HE knows your human mind cannot comprehend what's happened or why it has happened. And I believe with all my heart that HE loves and understands us so well, that during times like these HE understands our anger. You can count me in 💯 to lift your name to THE ONE ☝🏻 who will walk right beside you, hold you, guide you and give you strength and healing. It's funny how we read His Word, which clearly tells us, He never promised it would be easy here on this earth, but take heart He has overcome the world, we know it in our minds, and even believe it in our hearts, but its moments like these that sure test our human incapability's. Sending lots of love and prayers down to the DR for you Robersy and Josiah from KY. ❤️ ~Kristi Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah and Robersy - I am so sorry for your loss. I know all too well the emptiness you feel. It has been over 30 years since I left
    the hospital without the son I never got to hold. I know that only with God's
    Love and comfort can you get through this. My hope is in the reunion I will have someday with my precious son. I am praying for comfort for you in the days to come. Love to you both and that precious Josiah too

    Pam Keener

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Looking forward to that day too :)

      Delete