Monday, March 6, 2017

STOP!!!

“Lord, PLEASE keep the electricity off today!”

To tell you the truth… I had never thought that I would EVER pray a prayer like this. I enjoy my days off and I feel confident that God has called me to stay in my pajamas and watch Netflix for HOURS while my husband plays his video games and my child causes a catastrophe with his toys – this is what Monday means to me (this is partly sarcastic... nonetheless)! Relaxation!

However, lately I’ve noticed how DISTRACTED I have been with everything around me.
Between preparing for visitors, planning for Youth Sunday, getting prepared for Bible studies/ discipleship for this week and trying to keep up with the day to day tasks, 
WE HAVE BEEN BUSY!!!

In addition, I have always been a NEAT FREAK. So having a 1 year old who gets in to most things, leaves me cleaning up behind him several times a day. Then of course there’s television, music, watsapp, messages and my nemesis… FACEBOOK.

Golly! I can have intentions to crawl in to bed but scrolling through the Newsfeed several times over keeps me up an hour later than intended. 

YOUR LIVES ARE SO INTERESTING!!!

But seriously.

It’s kind of nice to unplug every so often.

To be quiet.

To hear the breeze, the laughter of children on their way to school, the vehicles passing by, the chatter in Creole and Spanish from our neighbors, as well as the chatter among


 the goats… and the pigs… and the dogs… and the chickens. Well. You get the picture :)

Sometimes we don’t want to stop, because we’re scared of what we’ll hear. Or maybe we just don’t care that we’ll hear at all.

Today. I’m glad God answered my prayer.

Traffic jam on the way to teach in San Jose.
Josiah has been quite content playing with his toys and although I had plans to take him to the beach while Robersy gets some more work done on the truck, the cloudy skies and winds forced us to stick around here. I had over an hour to study while Josiah napped. And in the quiet, as I sprawled out on the only piece of carpet in our home, God spoke.

And I was finally in a position to LISTEN.

Friend, don’t be afraid to miss things so much that you end up missing the One who matters most.

I trust I will take the time, even when the electricity is on :)


In other news…

Practicing for Teen Sunday
As I mentioned before, we’ve been busy with our teens preparing for Youth Sunday. It’s THIS Sunday! EEK!!! It’s an opportunity for them to sing, share and minister to the congregation. We pray it will a time where GOD will be glorified and the church might be encouraged.

We’ll be welcoming our first visitors from Bermuda (other than family and those who came for our wedding). The Thain family will be here on Wednesday and we’re excited to share our life and ministry with them. Praying this might encourage others to come and see what is going on out here!

Continue praying for the studies and discipleship that Robersy and I have the privilege of being a part of. Pray that GOD might use us despite ourselves. With hearts ready and spirits willing, may God speak and may those we minister to be ready to listen!

Celebrating Kristin and Felix's baby. She will be here soon!
We’re excited to announce that our truck is BACK!!! HOWEVER. YES… HOWEVER!!! Please don’t let that stop you from praying that we can get a van as soon as possible. The safety of our family and those to whom we minister is of upmost importance. As there was some serious interior damage even the mechanic who worked on it recommends it’s not used for heavy loads… AKA our entire life and ministry!

One last note…


Every week I ask how we can be praying for you! Each Monday Robersy take time to pray for life, ministry and YOU! So please don’t be embarrassed to send us a FB message or email. We want to minister to you and one way we can do that, being so far away, is through prayer. Let us know!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment