Monday, June 6, 2016

In YOUR face!

I loooooove my husband!!! Anyone who knows us well, knows I truly do!

There is a quote about marriage that describes us perfectly. It says, "Marriage is finding that special someone to annoy for the rest of your life."

HAHA! That's us :)

We agree on many things and then we agree to disagree on the others. Like any "normal" married couple, I assume.

However, from the night we arrived home from the hospital with our bundle of joy, we have been in 100% agreement of one thing in particular...

Josiah sleeps in his own bed!

Between Robersy's fear of smooshing him and my desire to get sleep... this is something that works for us. And so far it has been fantastic.

HOWEVER... a few days ago I went on a ladies retreat (along with our babies) and decided... let me have Josiah sleep in the bed with me. The bed was big enough, it was just the two of us, what could go wrong?!

:)

Apparently Josiah thought it was the best thing ever to sleep with mommy. I woke up 5-10 times throughout the night to find him touching my face, holding my finger, kicking me, rubbing my arm or just staring at me...


Josiah in my face!!!

And as cute a face it is to wake up to, this one night (the second night I made a make shift bed for him on the floor) confirmed our decision to continue with Josiah in his own bed.

Saying that... I was reminded of something beautiful through Josiah being in my face!

At the beginning of the year I claimed the verse Psalm 42:1-2a for the year. 

"As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, my God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God."

I want to have the mindset of Josiah, but with my Saviour. To crave Jesus all day, every day. To be in His face!

This is the top prayer in my life lately... may Jesus be my sole desire. Even when I'm busy, even when life is crazy, even when I "don't have time!" May He be my everything! 

I pray this might be the case for you too :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In other news - I didn't announce last week, but the 10 boys who we are taking to play baseball in Atlanta were ALL granted their visas! PRAISE THE LORD!!!

We will be heading out there in July 16th.

The day after we were given their visas, we received an email inviting us to an interview for Josiah's passport. It is tomorrow in the afternoon so PLEASE be praying that everything goes smoothly!

We will let you know how it goes.

See you next Monday friends... and please let us know how we can be praying for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment