Monday, August 4, 2014

Isn't God AWESOME?!

As I sit here with my fresh mango/strawberry smoothie, busy putting together a schedule for our time in the States... I can't help but rejoice in all the blessings we have experienced during our time serving here in the Dominican. We have not only met some amazing people, but we have watched the very hand of God move right before our eyes!
Robersy and I have started a praise jar because we don't want to forget all that God has done, even on our bad days.

Although I don't have the time to write out a report of the last year, let me give you a review of some blessings from this past week.

1. Last Sunday-Monday we had the blessing of spending time with Robersy's family. I LOVE HIS FAMILY! We loaded the truck up with his grandfather, stepfather, mom and cousin to play dominoes by the ocean. Relaxation!

2. Tuesday-Friday I translated at the Lily House for gardening classes. I actually have a new appreciation for those who grow their own vegetables and herbs! But the added highlights was watching one of our Lily House girls get SO excited to see the seedlings grow. She is learning responsibility as she takes care of the plants. Growth in her, growth in plants... double blessing!!!

3.  I also translated for some salon classes as the Lily House too. I had no idea how in depth a haircut could be, but watching the Lily House girls grow in confidence made it all worth it!

4. This summer I've had a young lady from a local girls home shadow me a bit to learn how to translate. We actually split up this week (both at the Lily House) and it was neat to see her confidence grow too. Pray for her this week as she translates for a family visiting the home! This one is all on her own :)

5. Before the storm came on Saturday-Sunday, I was able to get all laundry done and the house cleaned. Men don't understand how excited this made me... but you ladies do!!!

6. The storm wasn't horrible... but we got a LOT of much-needed rain!

7. On Saturday Robersy and I FINALLY had a double date with some fellow missionaries. It was nice to get away for a bit and of course, to get to know our friends a little more too!

8. That same Saturday night when Robersy dropped the couple off, leadership gave him a little package that had come in the mail. 2 books from a friend in Bermuda/USA :) A book about a Christian baseball player for Robersy and a book called, "Overwhelmed" for me. I don't know if she understands the perfect timing of these books (especially the one for me! lol)... but needless to say, I've started reading it already :)

9. Sunday (yesterday) we were not only blessed through the worship and sermon (which was awesome AND 3 of homeless boys came!!!) but we were able to fellowship with other missionaries during lunch too. We are SO thankful for our team!!!

10. While leaving SCORE a few ladies on a short term mission trip (we met them a while ago, but they're back) handed us a gift bag. Much needed toiletries for Robersy and I. They joked about a red, girly poof being for Robersy, but they had no idea that just before we left for church Robersy's poof finally fell apart and I said, "Hey, let's just wait until we're in the states to get a new one." He will use that red, girly poof after all, haha!

11. This is a sad blessing... but we said goodbye to an intern/friend that has served with us at the Lily House. The exciting thing is that she has TRULY been a blessing to the girls, myself and the team. However, we're excited to see how God is going to use her wherever He takes her next! We'll miss you April!!!

12. On the way home from church Robersy received a call from a mom of one of his baseball boys. Some of the boys had been fighting and like a true "father" we drove right over there, sat down with the 4 young boys and was able to give them a Biblical whooping (in Word and scripture... don't worry! lol). Thankful for how God is using Robersy to grow and mature these young men!

I'm telling you. We see the hand of God in the most awesome way! We are grateful and truly feel unworthy for the blessings that flow. Thank you to those who read this and pray for us and our ministry. We pray that each day we continue to see the hand of Christ working in His precious people.

No comments:

Post a Comment