Monday, October 7, 2013

Overworked, underpaid and loving life!


For those of you that believe we’re overworked, underpaid and exhausted… you are correct ;) lol. But we DO have a lot of fun.

This week was filled with smiles and tears. I had a trip to the capital with some girlfriends, said goodbye to a lady from the Lily House who graduated from the program, celebrated “health” victories, and of course we discipled, preached and taught too. Even started my new English class J Still this weekend was just a special time for us.

On Friday Robersy was able to go and see some pickup trucks with our Pastor and he found “the one” J haha! (the other one that we were looking at sold). It is everything we’re looking for… except the price… of course. It’s just over $20,000 but totally worth it! So since we’ve raised about $7,250 we are praying about paying half and then paying the rest on a plan. This is a big risk since we know sometimes we’ll be paying more than we should in interest, but ministry has grown to the point where we do not have a choice. We NEED a ministry vehicle. Pray with us about this decision. Robersy is going on Tuesday with a mechanic to give it a big “check-up” and he’ll also speak to the owner about our situation and see if any special exceptions or discounts can be made. Pray for a miracle! And if God is pricking your heart about being a part of this miracle… please go to https://scoresponsor.org/missionaries-staff/shop/lara-robersy-sarah/ and give. Make sure you state that it is a gift towards our ministry vehicle so that we will receive the entire amount.
 
 
MOVING ON…

Saturday was pretty awesome! One of Robersy’s teams that he coaches had a game where he met up with another team from Santo Domingo. It was an amazing time where baseball was played and the Gospel was preached! Robersy had the privilege of welcoming 10-15 boys and 1 coach to the family of God!

That night we got to go on our first double date with a pretty awesome couple. We ate Mexican and tried not to “talk work” but we found that it was impossible. We love what we do and are excited to talk about it! J

Then Sunday was such a highlight for Robersy and I. After celebrating the Lord’s supper at church in the morning and then enjoying fellowship (and celebrating birthdays!!! Happy Birthday Adrienne!) with fellow missionaries, we went home to await 12 crazy GAP students and 3 awesome leaders. It was such a fun time sharing with them, laughing with them and of course eating with them. And we sang… WE SANG! In ENGLISH. Now, you may not think much of this… but it has been 7 months since I have worshipped with a group in English! It was such a special time!

Don’t get me wrong… I love where I am and who I am with… but there is just something special about worshipping God in your original language!

I.AM.SO.THANKFUL!!!

So long story short. This week has been pretty awesome. And yesterday (Sunday) Robersy and I completed 6 months of marriage! Where has the time gone?! I only got married yesterday right?! Lol. May I just say… I am the luckiest girl in the world!!! I truly am. SO girls, who are 19 and 20 or 30 and contemplating if “the one” will ever come along…. wait it out J I am 27yrs old and thankful that I didn’t settle for 2nd best. He will come along in God’s timing!

Ok I’m done bragging on my hubster!

Until next Monday J

 

Things I’m thankful for:

1.       Robersy <3

2.       Double dates!

3.       Worship and fellowship in my native tongue.

What I’m reading: “Crazy Love” by Francis Chan. A MUST READ! One of my favorite quotes: “The point of your life is to point to Him. Whatever you are doing God wants to be glorified, because this whole thing is His. It is His movie, His world, His gift.” Something to think about…

No comments:

Post a Comment